Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ruined WM 23 - Worth watching?

• 02-04-2007 10:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭

Was listening to the damn Newstalk on the radio this evening and some complete knob sent a text in saying that Kennedy, Taker and Cena won at Mania and the bloody host read it out thus completely spoiling it on me! B*st*rds!

Anyway my question is this... with that knowledge in mind, is it worth spending four hours watching the show like I was planning to do during the week?!

Its unbelievable how often shows like this get ruined on me:( I think I`m cursed!

(oh and if doesn`t go without saying, pls no spoilers)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I think it would be worth it. Plan on watching it again myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Well I just watched the MITB today knowing the result and it was still entertaining. The Cena and Taker matches are enjoyable too even if you know the outcome.

I'd recommend you watch it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I wouldn't watch the full four hours. The matches you'd expect to be bad were bad, you wouldn't really be missing anything by skipping them. The rest is worth watching though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

some interesting things to watch out for.

1) cena was not driving that car, i paused it to confirm that he was in the passenger side. Jerry the king must have said 10 times ' what a good driver'

2) When Finlay was walking to the ring the screens showed the irish tri-colour flag. Why?????

3)All the lads talking ( Jr, King. Cole, JBL and Tazz ) in the first match worked, joey was quiet.

4) Kennedy jumping off the ladder with Hornsq...?? was good.

5)Undertaker had a great match. Man of the night.

6) In the Hair match watch out for the guy ( left hand side of the ramp as wrestlers are walking down, near the ring) holding a sign that says ' this is stupid'

7) Did ye see the fan that got into the ring in the last match, if you blinked your eyes you could have missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

triple h wrote:
    some interesting things to watch out for.

1) cena was not driving that car, i paused it to confirm that he was in the passenger side. Jerry the king must have said 10 times ' what a good driver'

2) When Finlay was walking to the ring the screens showed the irish tri-colour flag. Why?????

3)All the lads talking ( Jr, King. Cole, JBL and Tazz ) in the first match worked, joey was quiet.

4) Kennedy jumping off the ladder with Hornsq...?? was good.

5)Undertaker had a great match. Man of the night.

6) In the Hair match watch out for the guy ( left hand side of the ramp as wrestlers are walking down, near the ring) holding a sign that says ' this is stupid'

7) Did ye see the fan that got into the ring in the last match, if you blinked your eyes you could have missed it.

Yeah watch about 5 seconds before he does,you can see him sprinting down like a mad yoke,it just caught my attention and I knew he was gonna do something stupid)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

I love how you also posted the results of the 3 main matches without spoiler warnings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭rizzla

JBL quote of the night:

"Lumber Jill pandemonium"

It's worth watching. I loved it, although I didn't know any spoilers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I love how you also posted the results of the 3 main matches without spoiler warnings.

you don`t think "ruined WM 23 - worth watching?" is enough of a warning about potential wrestlemania discussion?:rolleyes:

thanks lads i`ll give it a watch so and watch out for your tips

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I was slightly disappointed with Taker's match being on so early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i suppose to keep the crowd going they needed a big mid-card match - there was nothing else going really, although they could have swapped it with the ECW match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

triple h wrote:
    Cos he's Irish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Norn irish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

triple h wrote:
    yea i spotted him jumping over the security wall even before he got into the ring.The camera guy turned the camera to the shawn as he got into the ring...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

fatal wrote:
    yea i spotted him jumping over the security wall even before he got into the ring.The camera guy turned the camera to the shawn as he got into the ring...

That was good the way the camera guy did that cause if he showed him on camera they would someone every week jumping over the wall and trying to get into the ring for fame.

Anyway i sky+ WM and i still only watched it once, i meant to write the times the matches were on, onto a piece of paper, to save time and not watch all the junk in between matches. i would like to see some matches again but the thoughts of watching the junk between matches turns me off watching it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

dissapointing WM for me , For me I didnt think WM 21 Would be topped ie angle vs HBK and first MITB . Then Came Along WM22 which was just got better . I thought WM wasnt near as good as Last years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Nobody should ever buy a WWE PPV. Its a waste of money, just download it off the internet the next day or get a buddy to tape it.

I miss the days when WrestleMania was free and when it was actually worth watching.

Dean820 wrote:
    Nobody should ever buy a WWE PPV. Its a waste of money, just download it off the internet the next day or get a buddy to tape it.

I miss the days when WrestleMania was free and when it was actually worth watching.

yeah the channel four days:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

woooo232 wrote:
    you don`t think "ruined WM 23 - worth watching?" is enough of a warning about potential wrestlemania discussion?:rolleyes:

Nope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Dean820 wrote:

Great advice there :rolleyes:. I never remember Wrestlemania being free on UK tv. A subscription of some sort was always needed. Don't think Channel 4 showed Wrestlemania either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

One of the worst WM I have ever seen. The WWE is well & truely finished.

• Advertisement

tdv wrote:
    One of the worst WM I have ever seen.

You must not have seen any prior to WM14.
    tdv wrote:
    The WWE is well & truely finished.

Yeah they made a mint and achieved enormous publicity. They're done for!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Mossy Monk wrote:
    Don't think Channel 4 showed Wrestlemania either.

I could be really wrong, but I think WM 17 was on Channel 4, but don't hold me to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Minto wrote:
    I could be really wrong, but I think WM 17 was on Channel 4, but don't hold me to it.

nah mate it was on SKY Sports. 17 was the best mania though imo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

woooo232 wrote:
    17 was the best mania though imo!
    I dont think theres many who will dissagree with you there!

in fairness the haircut thing was brutal . i couldnt giva a sh*te about who gets their haircut ! in fairness to vince he was great against HBK but this year was a letdown !! PLUS i dont want to spend 5 mins watching a FU*CKIN barbour chair coming out !! with stupid music . that kinda stalling Pisses me off BIG TIME

You must not have seen any prior to WM14.

Yeah they made a mint and achieved enormous publicity. They're done for!

And lost whatever good storylines they had left.

tdv wrote:
    And lost whatever good storylines they had left.

How's that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

in fairness the haircut thing was brutal . i couldnt giva a sh*te about who gets their haircut ! in fairness to vince he was great against HBK but this year was a letdown !! PLUS i dont want to spend 5 mins watching a FU*CKIN barbour chair coming out !! with stupid music . that kinda stalling Pisses me off BIG TIME

Actually, I've been enjoying Vince a lot more leading up to WM than I did last year with Shawn. I could do with a break from him though

How's that?

Eh...There alot worse, thats how.

• Advertisement

tdv wrote:
    Eh...There alot worse, thats how.

A fantastic response there. Please explain how the storylines are a lot worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I was slightly disappointed with Taker's match being on so early.
    Quite right.
    He deserves better treatment after all his years of service only to be bumped for Cena.

Advertisement