Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If You Could Bring Any Wrestler Back In To WWE,Who Would It Be (Has to be Alive)

• 02-04-2007 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

Brock Lesnar, He Was One Of My Faves , He Might Not Have Been A Good Wrestler But He Was In Some Good Matches

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Brock would be great if he still had the desire to be a great wrestler. I don't know where you're getting him not being a good wrestler from..he was brilliant. Not on the level of an Angle, a Benoit or a Michaels, but right up there

The Rock and Austin are just obvious picks. Bret Hart too. I'd like to see A-Train back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Kurt Angle

What's up with the capital letters btw?

Fozzy wrote:
    The Rock and Austin are just obvious picks. Bret Hart too. I'd like to see A-Train back

Rock would be great but it's not really going to happen. Austin has his injuries as does Bret so they are effectively dead as in ring talent.

A-Train - great bicycle kick but not much else to talk about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭kentonbomb

Kurt Angle

What's up with the capital letters btw?
    btw means by the way

A-Train's been puttin on some good matches over in New Japan recently (somewhat surprisingly), and I always had a soft spot for him back in his Velocity days, so he'd be on my list anyway
    kentonbomb wrote:
    btw means by the way

Thank you Captain Obvious!

• Advertisement

kentonbomb wrote:
    btw means by the way

Aren't you a clever boy!

Since you understood the question, would you like to answer it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭d1sc0g1rl

Apart from Brock and Bret I would love to see the bad ass Billy Gunn and the road dogg back

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Waylon Mercy ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

rock, austin and hogan

Waylon Mercy ;)
    awww yeah i remember him, he looked really weird

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

A fit and sober Razor Ramon.

the mountie

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Goldberg.....if he was used correctly (i.e. no backstage wig-wearing with Goldust etc.). I know he's not the greatest technical wrestler by a long shot, but he has a great prescence / charisma about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Chris Jericho

A fit and sober Scott Hall.

Christian.

I would have loved to have seen Sting used as part of the Invasion angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Randomswinger

Ricky the Dragon Steamboat, purely for the pre match fire breathing

Ultimo Dragon would be great to have back, if they used him right and didn't make him another cruiserweight jobber

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

The only person I can think of that could be a possibility is Jericho. I actually think that they really need him now too. Jericho is a true main event talent Id love to see him feuding with Cena, HBK, Edge, Randy, Umaga. He could go with any of those guys. I think if they brought him back in (if he wants to) they could do so much with him. In my opinion he is better as a heel but can always work as a face if needed.

I would love to see Brock again too. I was a huge mark for him but we will never see it happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Austin!
    I miss the days of turning on RAW and seeing him raise hell and wrestle. Hopefully he'll be around some more with the release of his film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭collie1

Brock Lesner. anyone remember smackdown, lesner v big show, suplex off top rope, the whole ring collapsed. obviously rock, stone cold as well.Love 2 see NWO back as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

The main person I'd love to see back in WWE is Chris Jericho, he is always entertaining whether it be wrestling or cutting promos, face or heel. He's pure class!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

has to be the red rooster

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

If I had to pick acive wrestlers, I would probably bring back Christian and the Dudleys. Non-active wrestlers: Brock Lesnar(He's young and would have plenty of shelf life) and Jericho (For obvious reasons)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 cenas boy

definately.jericho and lesner where so great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Christian.
    Jericho
    The Rock.
    Lesnar.
    I'd love to see Lesnar wrestle Lashley just to see who is stronger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭BlackMamba

The main person I'd love to see back in WWE is Chris Jericho, he is always entertaining whether it be wrestling or cutting promos, face or heel. He's pure class!

I totally agree!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Jericho
    Christian
    Lesnar
    Kid Kash
    Billy Kidman
    The Spirit Squad :)
    Trish Stratus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Boomer23

Ultimate Warrior......................loved him when i was a kid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

has to be the red rooster

Is he still alive?

1. Bret Hart
    2. Austin
    3. Angle

The Red Rooster was Terry Taylor, and he's been working for TNA for a good few years now. I think he's their head of talent relations at the moment

• Advertisement

It would have to be Joey Abbs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

What about Tajiri. I loved that little dude. I loved his ECW stuff the most. He had some really great matchs there. Stiff Kicks were sweet. If Taz could get back in shape it would be awesome to see him go again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Ricky the Dragon Steamboat, purely for the pre match fire breathing

Agreed and for the nostalgia of course. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Chris Jericho, stick him on smackdown to feud with kennedy after he wins the title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭kentonbomb

i would like to see jeff jarrett and taka michanoku (i don't know how to spell it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

kentonbomb wrote:
    i would like to see jeff jarrett and taka michanoku (i don't know how to spell it)

It's very unlikely Jarrett would ever be back in a WWE ring.

Was it Taka who take that really bad bump in the Rumble one year and The King couldn't stop laughing and kept asking for replays?

• Advertisement

Yeah, he messed his shoulder up from that move and had to have surgery on it eventually. TAKA's great, he's had some brilliant matches in Japan in the last few years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Great match was Taka vs Águila(think that's how you spell it, but he was Essa Rios in a mask) at 'Mania 14.

I never understood why they released Taka but kept Funaki. Nothing against Funaki but I always thought Taka was the much better worker and in many ways the more established star of the two, wasn't Funaki originally just a jobber member of Taka's Kaenati entourage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Taka versus the The Great Sasuke from In Your House Canadian Stampede 1997 is a hell of a match. The whole ppv actually is one of the best of that year.

Great match was Taka vs Águila(think that's how you spell it, but he was Essa Rios in a mask) at 'Mania 14.

I never understood why they released Taka but kept Funaki. Nothing against Funaki but I always thought Taka was the much better worker and in many ways the more established star of the two, wasn't Funaki originally just a jobber member of Taka's Kaenati entourage.
    I thought TAKA headed back to Japan to be closer to his family. I could be pulling this out of my ass, but I think a member of his family might have been ill.

And yes, Funaki is a poor man's TAKA.

I'd like to see Essa Rios again. His match with Angle on HEAT was just so different from anything else in the WWF at the time.

TAKA was definitely the better wrestler, he's just brilliant. They released him because of his shoulder injury which started at the Rumble. He wanted to go back to Japan to rehab, and he opened up a wrestling school and just stayed there since

• Advertisement

Fozzy wrote:
    TAKA was definitely the better wrestler, he's just brilliant. They released him because of his shoulder injury which started at the Rumble. He wanted to go back to Japan to rehab, and he opened up a wrestling school and just stayed there since
    Indeed.

I remember watching him wrestle Just Joe (terrible gimmick!) and seeing his shoulder dislocate from receiving a flapjack.

Don't bring back Just Joe.

Joe was cool! I remember Kevin Kelly saying that they didn't need to look at any videos of Joe before they signed him, because half of the guys who sent WWE tapes of themselves had taped matches of themselves vs Joe. Then he was involved in that horrible Celebrity Wrestling thing....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

I'd bring back the Lethal Weapon, Steve Blackman and Ken Shamrock, I really miss watching those guy's matches. Also is Al Snow still around, havent seen him in ages, i'd bring him back too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

D-Lo Brown is the obvious choice. or the Godfather. There's not enough blaxploitation in the wwe

Also is Al Snow still around, havent seen him in ages, i'd bring him back too.

He was released from his wrestling contract back at the start of the year, but he still works for WWE as a trainer. Last time he was on tv was probably something to do with ECW

Fozzy wrote:
    He was released from his wrestling contract back at the start of the year, but he still works for WWE as a trainer. Last time he was on tv was probably something to do with ECW
    Getting creamed by the vampire guy.

Perry Saturn is another I'd like to see back.

And Rico! That guy had some very funny promos. Shame his matches got so repetitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭nzamcdza

has to be the rock, the peoples champ!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

what happened Chris Jericho and jeff jarrett

and could we ever see Jericho back in wwe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Eh, well Jeff Jarrett is TNA so I doubt he'll be back. Jericho however should be back sometime this year, solely based on hearsay. Whats he doing now anyway? His band arent doing much apart from moderating the Pro Wrestling boards.
    Lets hope he appears on the indy scene for a while before his big return to WWE where he will get an extended run at the top. Lets hope...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 rick flair

1. Randy Savage
    2. Honky Tonk
    3. Di Biase
    4. Mean Gene & Hulk
    5. Jesse for commentary only the best in the business

• Advertisement
Advertisement