Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If You Could Bring Any Wrestler Back In To WWE,Who Would It Be (Has to be Alive)

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 rick flair

To be honest i would prefer a list of dead wrestlers as so many good ones have hit the hay

Rick Rude
    Mr Perfect
    Andre
    Adriane Adonis
    Hercules
    The Ultimate Warrior
    Bret H
    Eddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

The Ultimate Warrior and Bret Hart are still alive and well

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Anyone remember Chainsaw Charlie? Think he had a tag-team going with Mick Foley (Cactus Jack) but left for a "6 month break".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

i thought chainsaw charlie = terry funk. sure hes still doin the rounds on ECW whenever they need a maniac to bleed profusely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Terry Funk is a legend. I think it was Vince who mentioned his match with Flair circa '89, absolutely incredible stuff. He's a main character in that wrestling documentary Beyond the Mat. He put himself through hell and always put on a quality show. It's a shame WWE didn't use him in he creation of the new ECW as he is the most hardcore worker out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Bubs101 wrote:
    D-Lo Brown is the obvious choice. or the Godfather. There's not enough blaxploitation in the wwe

Add Rodney Mack. Back the Mack! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Double C wrote:
    It's a shame WWE didn't use him in he creation of the new ECW as he is the most hardcore worker out there.

I love Terry Funk but I don't want to see him in any more matches for his own sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Fozzy wrote:
    The Ultimate Warrior and Bret Hart are still alive and well
    I do see his point though, for all intents and purposes they may as well be dead now ;)

VR!

An Fhile wrote:
    Anyone remember Chainsaw Charlie? Think he had a tag-team going with Mick Foley (Cactus Jack) but left for a "6 month break".

Chainsaw Charlie was Terry Funk, the team disbanded shortly after Wrestlemania XIV and Funk went on to team with Scorpio and then with Bradshaw. Funk then decided he wanted to take a six month break and then Bradshaw heeled on him and sending him packing.

Funk has since cropped up on WWE programming, namely before last years ECW One Night Stand in order to help with Foley's heel turn.

VR!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

I love Terry Funk but I don't want to see him in any more matches for his own sake.

I thought they would use him to some extent, whether in ring or no. He is still on their superstars page I think. But your right, Beyond the Mat just goes to show the damage he did to himself. He must have put his family through hell by wrestling again.

And, to all intents and purposes, Bret Hart should not be dead ;)

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

why do people want ot see Brock Lesnar and Goldberg back? they were terrible! does anybody remember the match they had in wrestle maina 20? one of the wrost WM matches ever. (It was goldberg who ended bret hart's carear btw)

Hulk Hogan, i know he is probably the most important wrestler of all time, but he was way over rated. Quite simply....he couldnt wrestle. Every match it was the same ending, 1st hulk up, 2, boot in the face, 3, legdrop. its all he ever did. That being said, when a was 5 or 6, i loved him!

id like to see Steve Austin or the Rock also Million Dollar Man was pretty good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

How could you group Lesnar and Goldberg together?! Lesnar had talent. Goldberg just had presence. You're not the first one to do that either, I'm off to make a thread about it!

I've heard plenty of stories about Hogan's matches in Japan, where he apparently put on great displays of mat wrestling. I'm not sure whether to believe it or not, and I'm not really pushed about finding the matches because I just don't like Hogan, but maybe he managed to wrestle in a way that would please the majority of people watching

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

How about Terry Funk as new ECW GM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

That's Shane O mac's future job

Doubtful as he's more than happy in his current position where he only gets to make a TV appearance two or three times per year. Other than that he's happy doing the 9-5 hours and being a daddy and husband at home.

VR!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Vince has to step down some time. And Shane is very popular

It's public knowledge that Shane has a very strong business mind, and will most likely be the one in majority control of the company when Vince pops his clogs, despite a lot of people thinking it'll be HHH just cos he married into the family. Shane has been groomed for the top position for a while in my opinion.

He is very popular, i will admit it, but Vince will only step down when the hospital bed is waiting for him, It'll be his way of saying f*ck you to those who tried to put him out of business over time.

VR!

Advertisement