Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opening of venues!

• 03-04-2007 12:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭

Well Bertie was here (Letterkenny) and he opened the new wards at LK General. Which is fine because they where finished last week. The ambulances, even I can understand.

Was looking at the Monday edition of the Donegal News. He was at the opening of Arena 7 and the Donegal Tile Centre.

I thought these where opened 2 and maybe 4 years ago respectively!

Anybody else notice this?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,332 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I have altered the thread title as Boards.ie is not the place for making wild and unsubstantiated accusations. I was tempted to delete this thread but as the content of the post above is fine I will leave it open as it may well generate some debate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

This can happen sometimes.
    When the New Road opened here in Sligo the Minister for Transport opened the road and then opened the Quayside Shopping Centre (Which was already open!). I imagine it is good PR is all!

Unlike the time Mary Harney opened an Off License in Manorhamilton after flying up in a Helicoptor. Caused a lot of anger at the time as I recall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Sorry, was meant tounge in cheek but was in no way referring to any particular persons or individuals!

Arena 7 must be going 2 years and the Tile Centre 3/4 years. Surely they are long past opening now?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Seanies32 wrote:
    Sorry, was meant tounge in cheek but was in no way referring to any particular persons or individuals!
    Ah, no problems. I know what you meant and what we all like to think and say including myself but unfortunately we dont have free speech here as such.

As I said its a good thread and back to point at hand - I think you see one arm of politics at its best (or worse) when a venue that has been opened for God knows how long is then officially opened sometime later.

They did the opposite at the hospital - A new ward was opened officially but it wont be used for another 3 months. The "official" reason given for this was that they didnt want to have it done later as it would only annoy and cause distress to the patients that would be in it then.

Amazing, I say, amazing!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

muffler wrote:
    Amazing, I say, amazing!!!

I didn't realise Foghorn Leghorn posted here.

• Advertisement

smashey wrote:
    I didn't realise Foghorn Leghorn posted here.
    Boy, I say listen boy, what are you insinuating :D

Advertisement