Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cat Stevens

• 03-04-2007 12:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭

I am really loving him as a songwriter. I got Tea For The Tillerman and Teaser and the Firecat. His acoustic style is pretty amazing, sorta reminds me of James Taylor. Anybody else a fan of his stuff?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

I don't know alot of his stuff, but I love that Wind Blows song. Dunno what it's actually called... it's in almost famous... some great lyrics in that song. Not amazingly sung, but some quality songwriting making it an excellent song.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

I don't know alot of his stuff, but I love that Wind Blows song. Dunno what it's actually called... it's in almost famous... some great lyrics in that song. Not amazingly sung, but some quality songwriting making it an excellent song.

I think it's just called 'The Wind'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

Yeah I'm a fan of his stuff. The lyrices of 'Where do the children play' would be my favourite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭mada999

he has some quality tunes....must dig them out!
    Love "the wind"... and moonshadow and first cut is the deepest - did he write this ?? /edit/ yep he did..won an ASCAP for it too!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Yup, he s got some mighty fine tunes, but some of his stuff sounds very dated.

I'm thinking of one song in particular-can t remember the name-with a very unnatural chord progression in the bridge/break(?), and it just doesn't work.At all. I'm sure it sounded like very intelligent music in the seventies, but now it's more like wtf. Was it Strong-Headed Woman? Not sure.

Edit: "first Cut" is a great one indeed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭psharkey

yeah, the Cat is/was a great songwriter.

"Sitting", "Sad Lisa", " Oh very young", "Hard headed woman" along with, the obvious, "Father and Son" are all amazing tunes.

He does, however, have some woefully bad stuff as well, but sure, don't we all? :p

But he has to go down as one of the best of all time I reckon.

Advertisement