Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Average BT Order Time

Options
  • 03-04-2007 8:34am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was just wondering how long, roughly, most of you had to wait when ordering BT Broadband. I know there are some horror stories, but they can't (hopefully) be all like that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Daemonic

My BT order was completed within 2 weeks, that was a couple of years ago however.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Eleven weeks and one day

EDIT: transferring from UTV to BT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Kiith wrote:
    I was just wondering how long, roughly, most of you had to wait when ordering BT Broadband. I know there are some horror stories, but they can't (hopefully) be all like that.

I transferred over to BT from Eircom - had an existing router already and it took 2 weeks. There was some "down time" over the weekend but it was up and running yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Transfer from Eircom ~ 1 Month

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Mr Mojo

It took 12 days in total to transfer my line from Eircom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭stanley1

10 days, when I hooked up modem, tel. line had been dsl enabled.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Well, i hope it only takes two-three weeks for me. I ordered it on the Friday 23rd, and i still havent heard anything. Should i have gotten some sort of confirmation email or something by now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭stanley1

no, when modem arrives it means your line is broadband ready

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Transferred from UTV to BT (dialup with UTV, BB with BT) Took 2 days between order and modem sitting on my desk working

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

8 - 10 working days is the norm. As said before, the line is usually enabled a few days before the modem arrives.

• Advertisement
Advertisement