Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EOD 2 Released On Friday

Options
  • 03-04-2007 9:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭

Hey all, more good news on the BF2 Mods front. EOD2 will be released this Friday. More details @ http://www.eodmod.com/forum/portal.php. This is the 2nd big mod to be released now, and it looks pretty good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Im so pissed off I dont have a pc :mad:

Ill defo have it by end of month hopefully before, I have alot of the stuf bought alread just need cpu, mobo, video card and ram... €1300 :eek:

Ill check the mod out later as im in work now and dont have time :/

That desert conflict one looks great hopefully you will still playing it when I get back!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

The 2nd big one ?
    I can only remember playin POE i think it was :p ..was ok
    What about that Desert Conflict ?..aint played it yet tbh:eek:

I cant get onto these sites cause of works poxy firewall

Whats EOD stand for ?..itll prob come back to me when i hear what it is:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Eve of Destruction, used to be a BF1942 mod. Yeah I count this as the 2nd big mod as imho the mods before Dcon where to alike BF2 to be considered true mods.

I found POE2 to be quite different , too many tanks n stuff though in certain maps :eek:
    And then there was one or two that was like playin paintball..it was just set in a forest with bunkers :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Ahhhh , the vietnam mod , thats the one I used to play for 1942 , pretending I was Tom Berenger :) . It had a great map of a river bed with mountains at either side .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Eve of Destruction, used to be a BF1942 mod. Yeah I count this as the 2nd big mod as imho the mods before Dcon where to alike BF2 to be considered true mods.

Couldnt agree more,EOD was excellent for 1942.
    Looking forward to forgotten hope 2 more than any BF2 mod however,it was great for 1942.

Torrent @ http://www.mnmcreationsllc.com/EoDv.1.0.rar.torrent getting over 500k to it at the moment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I've stuck a EOD server up on games4.iol.ie for those who care.

I will go searching for it later on , being stupid seems to always have stopped me getting bit torrent to work .

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

excuse my ignorance, but to play this - is it self installing? do I need to put certain files in certain folders??..

or will it be nice and easy ->click install->point to bf2 folder->click icon to play->play->die loads of times...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

install and it shows up as a seperate game.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

I spent a couple of hours on this last night and I took to it more then i do most fps these days. Played about 6 maps or so and was happy that on each i could effectively walk to the flag instead of having to have a vehicle. Think it is well done with the music and screen althought like dcon doesn't run as well as bf2.

Good atmosphere in the game as well just feels a bit like bf:v which i like a lot. Only gripe atm is that the sniper rifles are one shot kills which is arguably fair enough but makes it pretty easy to rack up the kills and you just get pwned out of no where somewhat frequently.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I admit to enjoying it far more than bf2 or any bf2 mod so far.
    Very like BF vietnam but more infantry based which is great.
    Sounds are excellent,im not sure about 1 or 2 night maps but daylight maps i played i really enjoyed.
    Like Dataisgod ive taken to it straight away ,far more than any mod so far.

This mod might just save BF2 from being deleted forever from my HD,POE2 is just BF2 imo,DCOM is too vehicle based for my liking,EOD seems just about right so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Just a had a quick SP game there. Love it. Probably better than POE2 and def better than Desert Conflict (which is rather disappointing I think).

Looking fwd to trying out the other maps, MP and SP.

I tried a few mp maps this morning and it only succeeded in frustrating me .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

whats the pass to that torrent fairy?

Awhir, sorry only seeing this now. If you havent already got the pass its "lockheedc130gunship".

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

jonski wrote:
    I tried a few mp maps this morning and it only succeeded in frustrating me .

Yes I feel same way.Far to many snipers and those bloody claymores in the grass.Managed to kill 5 people in one round tho.

Dcon ftw

Played a few more rounds on the Die Nachtbar server where the admins kicked you if you didn't heed the warnings of " no snipers " :)

The mosin is just as effective as any sniper rifle I find.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

got to say i like it, maps are huge tho.

I dunno...got it today

Started playin...killed 1 or 2 with a sniper...its 1 shot kills ALL the time...youve only bout half the health that you would in BF2..so u die easy..which is ok

Played 4 diff maps...and basically...in each one...your squinting to try see anything:eek: :mad:

Its either hazy...all greeny...reddish..or some dark colour combined with all the grass so all it ends up...is that you have loads of little gays sittin in the grass snipin everything..which...i gay..cause i was expectin more than a "dark sniper map"..if i wanted that id go Jalalahbad Inf Only

All other kits are made redundant due to the sniper

Spent about 15 mins goin through the maps on my own server lookin for some decent vehicle..i.e chopper or jet...to no avail

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

What BF2 needs is a port of Rocket Crowbar. Nothing else can save it now.

Patch to fix the inequalities of the jets would do me grand :cool:

Patch for EOD2 should be out this week.

Wont be patch, but rather full client download again. Not sure if its worth it now with ETQW around the corner.

When's ETQW scheduled for release ?
    Also...pls tell me theres not gonna be a stupid ranking/unlock system :eek:
    Itd be great if it was just a pick up and play thing :)

EOD new client is out now. Downloaded it last night but haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

Advertisement