Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor question

• 03-04-2007 10:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

Hye, does anyone have a meteor phone. are the any use? i'm moving from 3 cos the service is so poor. i'm just wondering what the network coverage is like with meteor?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

it's grand. Only really noticed it a couple of times over the last year or so that I dont have coverage where my vodafone friends do. It'll drop calls before even connecting sometimes, that might be my phone though. Overall can't really complain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Depends on where you are, if there's a Meteor store near you ask what the coverage is like in the areas you want to use the phone. I've found them honest about lack of coverage in particular (usually rural) areas. Urban and city locations are all covered as far as I know. I've been with Meteor for years and I've found they've improved dramatically in the last 1/2 years. I think it's the take over by Eircom, they seem to have improved the reception and coverage, both are much better now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

I was on Meteor for years but I switched to vodafone last year so I could get
    3g services and I thought the coverage might be better. Big waste of time and money really. I ended up paying through the roof while on vodafone, and 3g isn't exactly worth it (not yet anyway). So I changed back to meteor again. Coverage and
    quality of calls is exactly the same IMO and I'm paying alot less for it. Also I do like that when you're low on credit on meteor, they don't have to inform you and then take the oppertunity of slotting in an advert right after like on vodafone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭akw_old

all sounds good to me. i live in stillorgan in dublin so the coverage should be fine, even tho 3 has very little coverage there. as far as rural goes i go to kildare every week, dont think that would be a problem.
    i was on vodafone before, very expensive alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I'd recommend O2 over Meteor any day, especially if you plan to do any roaming. They also have better handsets than Meteor at better prices, for example if you're switching to O2, you can get the Sony Ericsson K610im phone with i-mode for just €49.00 after cash back, on top of €70 free credit.

See here for details:
    http://www.o2online.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/O2PhoneListDisplayView?storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&flowType=S&breadCrumb=&categoryId=10051&wcmArea=/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Shop/Phones/Speak%20easy%20prepay/New%20customer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭akw_old

well most of my mates are on meteor so i'd get the free calls. also if i was going to move to o2 i'd get the sony w810.
    the K610 is an old phone, hence the offer.
    thats for pay as you go, i'd be a bill pay customer.
    i'd have to think about it. o2 tend to give their pay as you go customers more offers than the bill pay ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

The K610im isn't an old phone, it was only released Q3 2006. Now the K750i on the other hand, that is an old phone!

Even though it's not old, it's not one of the more advanced phones admittedly. Since you mention free calls on Meteor, I assume it's bill pay that you're after?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

The K610im isn't an old phone, it was only released Q3 2006.

That's over 6 months (or 2 quarters) ago. For a mobile phone, that's old.

Myself, when I switched to Meteor Bill Pay, I got the Nokia 6230i with a free Bluetooth headset for €49.

Best thing to do is pop into your local Meteor store and see what the current deals are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I've been on Meteor for the last year and I finf them very good. As far as coverage goes, they used to Roam to O2 and now to Vodafone where they have gaps so coverage is not a problem. They are also way cheaper. Ironically I'm moving to another operator simply because I want 3G services and especially Three's mobile broadband.

I was pissed off with Meteor becuase they gave the missus an early upgrade due to her paying more than the standard monthly tariff whereas I never used up anywhere near mine and they wouldn't give me one so I'm moving now.

I'd recommend O2 over Meteor
    Unfortunately I have to disagree with you there. I have an O2 phone but everyone I know (except for a couple of extended family members) is on either Meteor or Vodafone so it's *extremely* expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,928 ✭✭✭patrickc

I'm with meteor since the very beginning, and how they have come up in the world, I'm on talk 300 with them now, I hardly use the 300 minutes because I have the free texts and calls to meteor numbers for that, my bill is generally 60 or a little less every month..

Advertisement