Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PLease Help- Mobile issue

• 03-04-2007 10:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭

I have a qtek 8500 and i cannot connect it to gps or the net. I posted previously but didnt get usefull info. Please... anyone any ideas.
    Settings page is as follows
    Connects to
    the internet / secure wap network / wap network / work

then the following fields need to be filled in

Access Point
    User Name
    Password
    PrimaryDNS
    Secondary DNS
    IP address

there are also setting pages on dialup, proxy, and vpn
    If anyone can help me id really appreciate it
    My network is Meteor.

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭liamtech

just to fill you in on the history of this issue. i have been to every meteor store in dublin. i have contacted their customer care. Meteor staff are very friendly and kind but when it comes to knowledge, they have little understanding beyond the basic mobile phone systems. The term DNS was beyond one or two of them. I would however like to thank them none the less for their help and friendlyness.

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

liamtech wrote:
    I have a qtek 8500 and i cannot connect it to gps or the net. I posted previously but didnt get usefull info. Please... anyone any ideas.
    Settings page is as follows
    Connects to
    the internet / secure wap network / wap network / work

then the following fields need to be filled in

Access Point
    User Name
    Password
    PrimaryDNS
    Secondary DNS
    IP address

there are also setting pages on dialup, proxy, and vpn
    If anyone can help me id really appreciate it
    My network is Meteor.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1708198&postcount=4

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

If you get this working any chance you`d let me know how you did it??
    Ive used all the settings off that link and still cant get a gprs connection with meteor.Connects fine but keep getting the message that " the page cant be found"
    Cheers
    Richie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

Hellrazer wrote:
    If you get this working any chance you`d let me know how you did it??
    Ive used all the settings off that link and still cant get a gprs connection with meteor.Connects fine but keep getting the message that " the page cant be found"
    Cheers
    Richie

Silly question, is your SIM data enabled ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

skearon wrote:
    Silly question, is your SIM data enabled ?

They are by default. I asked when I purchased mine.

The most like problem is the proxy server. You need to set up as per the settings in that other thread, plus you need to set up the proxy for that connection. Details are also in the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

According to meteor it is.As I said it connects everytime but just keep getting the same message all the time.

You lot are geniuses--The proxy was the problem alright but I was also putting the settings in the wrong place.
    On the xda2s theres an option for "my isp" or "my network connections"

It was only when Tom Dunne mentioned proxy settings I realised I was putting the settings in where "my isp" should be and not in the "network connections" one.

Once I put in the settings in the place marked "edit my proxy connection" it worked first time.

Thanks again--Ive been trying to get this working for the last 6-8 months.I usually leech off the wifi here in work for skype/emails etc but now I can check my emails etc when Im away from the place.
    Cheers again.
    Richie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Just remember the data costs are quite high, damn it, they are extortionate.

Sorry, I'm ranting again. :D

Advertisement