Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connecting Sat Card

• 03-04-2007 10:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭

I have a new Hauppauge HVR4000 card installed in my PC. I connected it up to my dish (standard Sky dish with quad LNB) and all is working perfectly. Just a couple of questions for ye experts.

The four outputs are already being used on the quad LNB. One of the boxes is not used that much. Can I split one cable run and feed it to the card and the seldom used box without blowing up anything? If so what kind of splitter should I use?

I'm looking at getting a second dish pointing at Hotbird, Astra 1 and Astra 2. Am I correct in saying that all I need for this is
    - 80cm dish
    - triple bracket and 3 lnbs
    - 1 disceq switch
    - cabling and brackets

Any hints or tips would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

No. Don't split the cable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Zaphod

Use a priority switch with the DVB-S2 card as master and the digibox as slave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Good idea Zaphod.
    The Sky box has to be slave as it never actually disables LNB power and signals., The Digibox "OFF" simply turns off the RF modulator and blanks the Scart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭joe25

Buy an Octo lnb.You can get them for 70 euro.
    This will also give you 3 spare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Thanks for those replies. Any comments on what I need to get a multi LNB setup working?

• Advertisement
Advertisement