Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartment door, Lock?

Options
  • 03-04-2007 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

I'm moving into a new apartment soon I wanted to get a second lock for the door into the apartment.
    At the moment it looks like a normal door you'd have in a house, with a handle and a lock on it. So for a second lock I was thinking of getting a Yale lock for the top of the door. Then someone mentioned I might be better going with a Chubb lock somewhere on the door.

Has anyone any advice on what type of lock I should get??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,163 ✭✭✭10-10-20

You need a a mortice deadlock.
    Yale and Chubb are just brands, you need a specific type.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

Get a 5 leaver Mortice lock fitted, Chubb are good, but you can get cheaper 5 leaver locks just as good...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

10-10-20 wrote:
    You need a a mortice deadlock.
    Yale and Chubb are just brands, you need a specific type.

Yes they are brands but more importantly Chubb also make superior locks and restrict stocking to professional outlets. Buy a Chubb lock and be assured you can only get keys cut in authorised outlets.

Sure Chubb and Yale cost a lttle more but it's a small price for piece of mind.

Top Lock - Cylinder type

Lower - Mortice Type

Buy both by CHUBB.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭underpants

great, thanks for the help!

Advertisement