Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Abercrombie & Fitch

• 03-04-2007 10:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hey
    I'm just wondering does anyone know where you can get abercrombie & fitch stuff in dublin??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

not gonna happen unfortunately!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭lolly.o

oh ok. i've just noticed quite a few people wearing their stuff lately and thought there might be somewhere selling it.
    thanks anyway!

i think most people order it off the internet or just get it when they're in America!

i heard about a store opening in London but no plans yet for Irelnad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Order it from the web. I just got a package from them, it arrived a few days after I ordered it, I didn't pay any customs and the shipping was reasonable enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

you can also get alot of abercrombie stuff on ebay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

There's a shop in Stephen's Green shopping centre that sells some hoodies, but they're ricidulously overpriced (bout €120 each)

i saw those actually but wasnt sure if they were real or just rip offs!

like a+f isn't available here and if it were you'd imagine it would be in bt or bt2's not some crappy shop in the stephens green centre...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Yeah cause the only stuff worth buying in Dublin is in Brown Thomas.

I never have understood people's obsession with Abercrombie + Fitch. The clothes are bland, bland, bland but the kids seem to snap them up?

Can someone explain it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Leah_K

I might be wrong, but it seems to be because a lot of people are deeply unimaginative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

The first A&F flagship store outside of the US opened in London about 2/3 weeks ago, so unless you are in London then the only other way is to order online. I would be very wary though ordering from them as the courier they use usually tends to get ya to fork out loads in customs.

Don't buy that stuff in Stephen's Green. I heard before that they are actually selling the clothes there illegally or else they are fakes (think I read it on here?) and that A&F should only be sold in an A&F shop.

I also heard that Brown Thomas were once gonna stock A&F but there was a problem with the shipping of the stock, waiting times or something, I don't know any specifics :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

AnonoBoy wrote:

I never have understood people's obsession with Abercrombie + Fitch. The clothes are bland, bland, bland but the kids seem to snap them up?

Can someone explain it?

It's the whole trendy 'Dawson's Creek' American Jock look that wannabe's are going for. Kinda like Dubes were, but much, much more awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭nodger

AnonoBoy wrote:
    Can someone explain it?

All the kids who spend the summer in Myrtle Beach, San Francisco or wherever need some way to identify eachother when they get home (if it's not already obvious from the glow of uber-coolness off them)

It's almost as irritating as they way folks start using the word 'awesome' when they get back from their year in Australia. Good God.

AnonoBoy wrote:

i wasn't trying to say that the only stuff worth buying was from Bt's but with a brand like Abercrombie it just seems like the most logical place for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I saw A&F tops in Kilkenny today. Overpriced kack tbh, but if you like it, so be it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

abercrombie only sells from its own stores,it doesnt stock it big stores therefore if its not being bought from an Abercrombie shop it could be kinda dodgy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,840 ✭✭✭✭cormie

There's good hoodies in pennys for €11!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

cormie wrote:
    There's good hoodies in pennys for €11!
    [sarcasm]do they have A&F 1969 or huntington beach written on them?

if not i don't want to know[/sarcasm]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭MissFitz

I'm thinking of buying dome of their stuff online. Does anyone have any idea of the sizing? I'd be about a size 10 / 12. For example for shorts / t-shirts etc., would this be a medium / large in womens?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

wow the chips on peoples shoulders here :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

abercrombie only sells from its own stores,it doesnt stock it big stores therefore if its not being bought from an Abercrombie shop it could be kinda dodgy

The stuff I saw had all the tags on it, in a well known shop here, but if the stuff is dodgy, it serves people right for being label slaves ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

wow the chips on peoples shoulders here :rolleyes:
    Aye, its quite sad.

EDIT:

And also
    Pythia wrote:
    Order it from the web. I just got a package from them, it arrived a few days after I ordered it, I didn't pay any customs and the shipping was reasonable enough.

:eek: :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

The fleeces on abercrombie.com are nice enough. The vintage ones. And are roughly $59 - 69 which is only 50e or less, that's really good value. Most band hoodies are more than that.

Add delivery and it's roughly 80e. Still pretty good, and here I was under the impression that only the nouveau riche could afford them...:rolleyes:

MissFitz wrote:
    I'm thinking of buying dome of their stuff online. Does anyone have any idea of the sizing? I'd be about a size 10 / 12. For example for shorts / t-shirts etc., would this be a medium / large in womens?
    American sizes can be a bit dodgy as usually their Small would be a Medium here, Medium would be a Large.

They should have a size chart on the website though. However, I once got a lil hoodie from A&F (not like the normal ones, it wasn't baggy or anything) and I ordered it in a Small, and I'm telling you no lie - it would have only barely fitted my 4 year old cousin. Ordered it in a large and it just about fit, and I'm between an 8 and a 10 (Irish sizes). Victoria's Secret also do clothes online and I'm an Extra Small in them which is apparantly size 0 - 2 (4 - 6 Irish) so just goes to show how messed up all the sizes are!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I always find it funny how some people think A&F is expensive. It's not. Well maybe if you buy online it is but over in America it's dirt cheap.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

It's the whole trendy 'Dawson's Creek' American Jock look that wannabe's are going for. Kinda like Dubes were, but much, much more awful.

Wow... someone's in danger of drowning in the jealousea!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Leah_K

Hanley wrote:
    Wow... someone's in danger of drowning in the jealousea!!

Why do you think super_furry is jealous? You can get generic hoodies of the same quality as A&F here, without any of the hassle and much cheaper. The only reason people want them is because of the whole "American jock" look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I like Abercrombie hoodies, they're nice and colourful and cheerful looking, I'm not quite sure if they're nice enough to spend 100 euro on though. At any rate they're much nicer than boring black band hoodies. Yeah I've seen the Abercrombie stuff in Stephen's green before, looks genuine enough and costs that same so might as well buy it there and skip custom charges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

^It isn't a matter of band hoodies vs. Abercrombie hoodies you know(and lets be fair here, stylewise they're both as boring and predictable as another). Lots of middle ground that isn't as status motivated.

I personally wouldn't wear Abercrombie clothes, but then again, if sweatshop labour is your thing....

Do you have proof that A&F is sweatshop produced JC2K3?

I never said that it's a matter of A&F vs. Band Hoodies, I was just using them as an example.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭car39

choice in stillorgan,morgan in dun laoire sell hoodies.95 euro .if you order them online you will get hit for tax i paid 65 on goods and shipping that came to 165euros .the bill came 3 months later and i was very psd off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Cremo wrote:
    [sarcasm]do they have A&F 1969 or huntington beach written on them?

if not i don't want to know[/sarcasm]

Just get yourself one of these. :D

Piste wrote:
    Do you have proof that A&F is sweatshop produced JC2K3?
    Well they were forced in 2004 to pay something like €2m to settle a lawsuit over using sweatshop labour in Saipan(as part of major lawsuit involving many other well known clothing companies such as Ralph Lauren and Calvin Klein). Knowing the way these companies operate it's reasonable to assume that they did not simply stop using sweatshops but moved their operation to somewhere else with little regulations. IIRC they manufacture at least some of their clothing in Vietnam right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭meanpeoplesuck

And all of JC 2K3's clothes are exlusively made in 1st world factories which take care of their workers. Check your labels :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Pythia wrote:

The customs bill takes a week or two to arrive, but arrive it will. Some shipping co.s will deposit the merchandise with the revenue to hold until the duties are paid, other pay on your behalf and then bill you for it, which is the case with the co. A&F use. The only way around it is to ship to a US address, get a friend/relative to repackage, mark clearly as 'GIFT' and forward to you, but even that isn't foolproof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Yeh I spotted a good bit of it on sale in a shop in Dún Laoghaire shopping centre. They're opening up shops worldwide so expect the demise of the brand accordingly

• Advertisement

And all of JC 2K3's clothes are exlusively made in 1st world factories which take care of their workers. Check your labels :)
    As far as I can be sure they are, as in, I buy some clothes made specifically by anti-sweatshop organisations, but of course it is indeed hard to know and most of my clothes probably have come from sweatshops. None, however, contain advertising on them and I do not consciously buy any because of whatever brand they are - ie. I'm not going to promote or support a brand that uses sweatshops.

Please take this to PMs or start a thread in Humanities if you wish to discuss this issue further, question my motives or mock my "moral crusade". I don't want to hijack this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

AnonoBoy wrote:

Can someone explain it?

exactly horrible gear indeed, give me Armani or Boss anyday

JC 2K3 wrote:
    As far as I can be sure they are, as in, I buy some clothes made specifically by anti-sweatshop organisations, but of course it is indeed hard to know and most of my clothes probably have come from sweatshops. None, however, contain advertising on them and I do not consciously buy any because of whatever brand they are - ie. I'm not going to promote or support a brand that uses sweatshops.

Please take this to PMs or start a thread in Humanities if you wish to discuss this issue further, question my motives or mock my "moral crusade". I don't want to hijack this thread.

Fair enough, no-one's trying to get at you or mock you so-called "moral crusade", I was just wondering where you got your information from.

It's not just the big brands that are made in sweatshops, around 2% of Pennys goods are sweat-shop manucfactured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

IIRC there's a shop in the Dun Laoighre shopping centre that sells what looked like A&F hoodies (I guess it was the name written on them that gave it away!) but I have no idea how genuine they are or what price they charge. The shop is beside New Look, I think it's on the second floor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭MissFitz

tinkerbell wrote:
    American sizes can be a bit dodgy as usually their Small would be a Medium here, Medium would be a Large.

They should have a size chart on the website though. However, I once got a lil hoodie from A&F (not like the normal ones, it wasn't baggy or anything) and I ordered it in a Small, and I'm telling you no lie - it would have only barely fitted my 4 year old cousin. Ordered it in a large and it just about fit, and I'm between an 8 and a 10 (Irish sizes). Victoria's Secret also do clothes online and I'm an Extra Small in them which is apparantly size 0 - 2 (4 - 6 Irish) so just goes to show how messed up all the sizes are!!

Thanks for that :) Will prob go large or above so or maybe try some on here in the place mentioned in Dun Laoighre shopping centre to get a better idea!

• Advertisement

MissFitz wrote:
    Thanks for that :) Will prob go large or above so or maybe try some on here in the place mentioned in Dun Laoighre shopping centre to get a better idea!
    Hey! Remember now that the hoodie I got was more a top with a hood than an actual hoodie so it might have just been a small fitting. But yah you'd be better off going to the shop in DL first and trying it on there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I find the hoodies to be quite large fitting along with all the other sports wear. I bought a pair of shortish tracksuit bottoms and they were GIGANTIC. I got them in a large and am about a size 14 on the bottom. I got a hoodie and it was an L and it was too big as well. I'm about a 12 on top so should have gone for medium. My parents had brought me back another pair of trackie shorts last time they were over and they were a medium and fit a lot better. The non sportswear seems to fit tighter. I bought a babydoll top and it was an M and fitted perfectly but there was no extra room at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

rb_ie wrote:
    EDIT:

And also

:eek: :)

Yes, you'll see.

Piste wrote:
    Fair enough, no-one's trying to get at you or mock you so-called "moral crusade", I was just wondering where you got your information from.
    Oh, I wasn't trying to be hostile, expecially not towards you(the post you wuoted was in response to meanpeoplesuck), I've just been involed in massive off topic arguments in similar threads in the past and don't want to derail another one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Oh, I wasn't trying to be hostile, expecially not towards you(the post you wuoted was in response to meanpeoplesuck), I've just been involed in massive off topic arguments in similar threads in the past and don't want to derail another one.
    Then why do you feel the need to bring it up countless times if you KNOW it'll derail it?

Meh, there's usually quite a few off topic posts slagging people for wearing the clothes or whatever in threads such as these anyway. I technically shouldn't do it, but it serves as a good opportunity to get my opinion out there.

I have done it in the past purposefully to engage in a discussion/argument about the topic, but I don't feel like it right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

theres a shop in the stillorgan shopping centre that sells womens hoodies and a shop in malahide that sells mens!

i heard about that one in Malahide, i wasn't sure if it was true or not though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

would i be right in saying there's nowhere in Eire that stocks American Apparel?

Garret wrote:
    would i be right in saying there's nowhere in Eire that stocks American Apparel?
    You mean American Eagle?

• Advertisement
Advertisement