Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Abercrombie & Fitch

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

You mean American Eagle?

nope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Just general American stuff? There's Gap clothes in Arnotts and a lot of the American designers in BT and BT2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Garret wrote:
    would i be right in saying there's nowhere in Eire that stocks American Apparel?
    You have to order from the site but it looks reasonably priced and shipping is within Europe so it's nice and customs free. I was going to order some stuff but couldn't because they only took credit cards, not laser :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

www.ebay.com

can get shorts there easily enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

Piste wrote:
    Just general American stuff? There's Gap clothes in Arnotts and a lot of the American designers in BT and BT2.

nah meant these boys http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Apparel
    Attol wrote:
    You have to order from the site but it looks reasonably priced and shipping is within Europe so it's nice and customs free. I was going to order some stuff but couldn't because they only took credit cards, not laser :(

cheers, didnt realise they delivered within the EU :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

According to the site they have shops in mainland Europe and London. Shipping is free as well.

Garret wrote:

Well now don't I feel unhip!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭maxi-twist

You will never find a t-shirt that fits better for its price than an abercrombie.Especially if your muscley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Beanmachine

Gentleman Please in Glasthule had a lot of abercrombie stock in a few months ago they where forced to take down there advertising on the windows for legal reasons or whatever but i think they might still have some stock left.Or as i do just order from ebay preferbly from america as most items from europe and asia are fake and tell the seller to ship the item as a gift and i havn't got stung for tax yet!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭R.Rated

Would someone be able to tell me the name of the shops in Stephens Green and Malahide which sell A&F

Cheers

The shop in Stephen's green is called Tattoo I think, used to sell all the Nope stuff.

Do they even make the nope stuff anymore these days?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Piste wrote:
    The shop in Stephen's green is called Tattoo I think, used to sell all the Nope stuff.

Do they even make the nope stuff anymore these days?

nope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭MissFitz

Just thought I'd mention that Abercrombie and Fitch can be bought on Ebay also, from UK sellers, thus avoiding the whole customs issue and a lot speedier than ordering from the US. Got a hoody delivered last week :)

generaly prices in the uk are dearer than the us and if ur pakage is down as a gift customs can't charge you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

generaly prices in the uk are dearer than the us and if ur pakage is down as a gift customs can't charge you.
    yes they can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Word of warning, Abercrombie hoodie sizes are huge. I'm 6'2'' medium build, and a small sized one fits me loosely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

am going buying stuff from the hollister site now.. just one thing bothers me. the size and the customs thing..

the size thing more though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

The whole thing is quite stupid tbh. There hoodies look exactly the same as hoodies you get anywhere for a similiar price and how many people have already stated the fitting is dodgy? It's quite obviously about just getting something that all your friends have:rolleyes:

Now dont get me wrong if your 13 thats fine, we are all like that as kids, but if your 20 and your still acting like that you really need to kop yourself on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭MissFitz

Babybing wrote:
    The whole thing is quite stupid tbh. There hoodies look exactly the same as hoodies you get anywhere for a similiar price and how many people have already stated the fitting is dodgy? It's quite obviously about just getting something that all your friends have:rolleyes:

Now dont get me wrong if your 13 thats fine, we are all like that as kids, but if your 20 and your still acting like that you really need to kop yourself on.

I wear them because they are fitted and suit my shape, they are good quality and don't end up falling apart/getting mis-shapen after a few washes. None of my friends have them :rolleyes: The fitting isn't dodgy, it's that they are American sizes so some people have convering them to Irish/UK sizing.

Babybing wrote:

i was just doing it as the stuff is great value:rolleyes:

lot of d4's in sligo? mm?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

ive never got charged customs once on any orders from america and ive ordered over 200 items i'd say!!

doesn't matter what you get sent, or who sends it to you tbh.

customs is charged on everything, it depends on the company delivering it.

ie. anpost don't do a great job of collecting the custom charges where as UPS/DHL/FEDEX do.

and also if you get away with the likes of ups not charging you customs when you sign for the goods don't think they can't send you a letter looking for the money in a months time.

just saying its never happened to me so dont think people should worry too much!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Babybing wrote:

The fitting isn't dodgy, everything I have from them fits me perfectly. However, different people, different shapes etc. Do you actually have the slightest notion what you're talking about?Just going on hearsay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭shazzyshaz

Cremo wrote:
    yes they can.

nope ur not charged from the US! ive bought 3 abercrombie hoodies and UGG boots at diff occasions and havent been charged! buy from the ebay US! way cheaper!:)

ebayUS is a totally different kettle of fish.

most companies selling on ebay will mark down the parcel/package as a gift/marketing sample and therefore are a lot easier to slip through at customs.

if you buy from abercrombie and it's delivered by a UPS van and you don't have to pay customs i wouldn't imagine you'll see the same guy delivering parcels the next week.

beanmachine, rb_ie, from where did you get your stuff?

got it from america through ebay its much cheaper than buying from irish or english sellers and there is a much better selection aswell!!

beanmachine, rb_ie, from where did you get your stuff?
    Always have gotten it from the A&F website, have been charged customs twice, have not been charged 3 times iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

rb_ie wrote:
    Always have gotten it from the A&F website, have been charged customs twice, have not been charged 3 times iirc.

And from your gf!

• Advertisement

how much were the customs?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

It's the whole trendy 'Dawson's Creek' American Jock look that wannabe's are going for. Kinda like Dubes were, but much, much more awful.

dubes are ALOT WORSE!!!they are horrible boat shoes!!!!at least a+f is jus a hoodie!!!looks like they're outta pennys to be honest too lol!!!you'd get a nicer hoody in river island or even pennys lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

flynnser19 wrote:
    dubes are ALOT WORSE!!!they are horrible boat shoes!!!!at least a+f is jus a hoodie!!!looks like they're outta pennys to be honest too lol!!!you'd get a nicer hoody in river island or even pennys lol

Your post deserved at lot of lol's. It was hilarious!!!!11one :rolleyes:

Abercrombie & Fitch do a lot more than just Hoodies.

Pythia wrote:
    And from your gf!
    :)
    flynnser19 wrote:

Quit the internet!!!!111eleven*

*and life, if you're feeling generous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭techguy

Malteaser! wrote:
    not gonna happen unfortunately!

Wouldnt't say that.. One opened in London on the 4th of March..They've finaly taking the leap and opened up outside america..I'd say we have a chance of getting our own..

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

orla wrote:
    Your post deserved at lot of lol's. It was hilarious!!!!11one :rolleyes:

Abercrombie & Fitch do a lot more than just Hoodies.

i knew that actually i dunno why i wrote that sorry lol!!and there's no need to take the p*** outta how i type its not a big deal????people on these boards seem to get a thrill outta saying that to people dunno why get over it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

roflmao omgf!! o ryl?!?! ya rly!!!!111 eleven!!11... LOL FTW!!!!11!1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

SaxoDuff wrote:
    roflmao omgf!! o ryl?!?! ya rly!!!!111 eleven!!11... LOL FTW!!!!11!1

Couldn't have said it better myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Oh no, s/he used "lol". What ever will we do! Idiots.
    I agree with that post anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

do you think there would be a market selling a&f in ireland? straight conversion prices, i.e. $30 for a tshirt = €30 in ireland, $80 for a hoodie = €80 in ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

I always assumed people only wore A&F because it was only available in the states and not in Ireland, thus exclusive to the irritating J1ers who think they've really "travelled" and want to show this off.

Thus, if a store were to open in Dublin, people would stop buying it - give it a week and everyone will have an A&F hoody, and then another week they will all be in the bin, because in any other circumstance the clothes are pretty cack.

contary to popular belief not everyone that wears abercrombie would be willing to dump it just because it's not exclusive anymore.

you're making fairly big assumptions there about all wearers of abercrombie, but of course i assume you mean that it would be the annoying whiney teenagers that have fake socal american accents that would dump their clothes.

either way... meh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

apart from the 'exclusiveness' its not bad clothing. it wears well and has a good shape thats why i wear it!

Advertisement