Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skate Park Swords

Options
  • 03-04-2007 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭

Just noticed a skate park under construction on one corner of the football fields near the air-scouts den in Swords.

Great to see something like this going ahead. Not only will it give the kids who skate a place to gather and meet up but should also clear Swords main street of them....they are always skating and jumping around the Fingal Offices.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

catch--22 wrote:
    Just noticed a skate park under construction on one corner of the football fields near the air-scouts den in Swords.

Great to see something like this going ahead. Not only will it give the kids who skate a place to gather and meet up but should also clear Swords main street of them....they are always skating and jumping around the Fingal Offices.

Is it defo a skate park? I was trying to figure out what it was the other day.
    Thought it might have been but the one thing that is finished there looks to round and small to be for skating I thought...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

It must be....by the shape of it. I only drove past it last night but it couldn't be anything else!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

Yep its a skate park alright, wish they had of built it 10 years ago when I had my FX5! :D

A few pics at the bottom of this page:
    http://www.goreyskateclub.com/gallery/irelands-skateparks

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭FranDrastic

There was a bunch of kids in there last night, even though it's not open yet. I think it's great, although I'm amazed it's been built. I would always have thought that the coucil (or whoever's behind it) would have shied away from building anything like that.

I'll have to get meself a skateboard now.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭mortimer33

The skate park hasn't opened yet but it looks like the graffeti has already started. I presume that the council are not even going to bother painting it.

The council are planning on putting tennis courts, running track and astro turf pitches beside it over the next few years. Should end up being a great area for kids. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

mortimer33 wrote:
    The skate park hasn't opened yet but it looks like the graffeti has already started. I presume that the council are not even going to bother painting it.

The two go hand in hand really. The council would be better to bring a proper crew and do some commission pieces. They are less likely to get painted over.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭mortimer33

catch--22 wrote:
    The two go hand in hand really. The council would be better to bring a proper crew and do some commission pieces. They are less likely to get painted over.

I Agree. Its all part of the scene..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭drunkenfool

good to see the council are doing something for the kids so they arent just loitering around swords.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Another thread on the Swords Skate Park Here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

what i think is very funny is that they have a security guard on duty there, as if a bunch of maniac kids are going to steal a slab of concrete or something. the place only get hassle at night because he is there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 plugitplayit

Hi, looking to get in touch with a fairly competant skateboarder who would be interested in taking part in a short segment for a kids tv show...It will only take approx 30 mins and it will more than likely be filmed at Swords Skate park. If anybody is interested if you private message me I can give you more details. There is no fee involved but should be a bit of fun - you will basically be showing an adult who has never boarded before how to do it...!

Thanks.

Advertisement