Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the best thing about Limerick---no slagging please!

Options
  • 03-04-2007 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭

Hi

I'm from Limerick but have been living away in northern Ireland for near on 4 years. Reading the posts on her has made me a bit homesick.

I miss the pubs mostly, craic up here doesn't even come close. The old nightclub in the George was also the best fun ever.

So those of you who are still there, whats the best thing about it!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

The locke bar on a sunny day, The new bedford row and thomas street, Walking the quay's, The short distance to beautiful places, like curragh chase, the clare glens, Kilaloe and lough gur, The majority of the people here are amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Sunday lunch at the Jasmine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

I'd say the people, most Limerick people are shockingly decent.

The beergarden in the Curragower on a Summers evening, perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Cateym

I'd forgotten about the Locke bar!!! Sitting out on a busy friday evening in late september supping a pint bliss!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Amazo you beat me to the Curragower. Spent a nice evening on the terrace in Harris's last nite.

Just wandering through the city of late is good the town really is on the up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Dirty little spanish b*tches in trinity on a saturday night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

Dirty little spanish b*tches in trinity on a saturday night

Are you sure they are spanish? i thought the Trinity rooms is full of dirty little polish b*tches on a saturday night...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

The traffic ain't half as bad as some towns in Clare on a Friday evening:D :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

I absolutely love Limerick when it is sunny, yesterday there wasnt a cloud in the sky and i walked home from town, crossing the bridge, river sparkling, walking down ennis road, loads of green tree's, birds chirping! WAs just a great feeling!!!

Well thats me anyway, Im not sure about the rest of ye! :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I absolutely love Limerick when it is sunny, yesterday there wasnt a cloud in the sky and i walked home from town, crossing the bridge, river sparkling, walking down ennis road, loads of green tree's, birds chirping! WAs just a great feeling!!!

Well thats me anyway, Im not sure about the rest of ye! :)

Very poetic description Mooch, but also quite accurate! :) Crossing the Shannon on a sunny day is the best. Also, standing behind the goals in the Gaelic Grounds on a sunny summer's day, up in the top tier of the terrace. The view of the pitch, stadium and surrounding area is great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Are you sure they are spanish? i thought the Trinity rooms is full of dirty little polish b*tches on a saturday night...

I met a fine crowd of Spaniards there about 2 weeks, great time with them, dirty little Europeans :D

I met a fine crowd of Spaniards there about 2 weeks, great time with them, dirty little Europeans :D

fine crowd in which sense now were these fellow EU landsmen:D :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

When I used to work down on Henry Street, I used to love sending my lunch days during the summer, lying on the grass down by Poormans.
    Sun in your face, surrounded by friends, and laughing at all the spooky kids!:D
    Great way to while away an hour or two.

My personal favorite thing about Limerick though are the people.
    They're just more open than people I've met in other places.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

The river - it's just so impressive. I love taking a stroll down to look at it and it always lifts my spirits. I don't know why more isn't made of it .
    The Peoples Park - at the moment it's covered in daffodils, cherry blossoms and magnolias. The playground is so fantastic.
    Loch Gur, the Shannon fields in Corbally, St. Mary's Cathederal and O'Connell Grill chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Around the Milk Market on a sunny saturday morning, with all the fresh food smells and hustle and bustle!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 chrislimerick

going to the people's park with the kids on a sunny day with the sanbo's and drinks an staying till the late evenings

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

The atmosphere of the place and how well the city looks on a nice day

1huge1 wrote:
    The atmosphere of the place and how well the city looks on a nice day

ya...saw 2 bangardaí walking round Caherdavin in their body protectors and s/s shirts 2day...

The good weather seems to have the effect of getting them out and the HMV scumbags stayin at home

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I'd say the people, most Limerick people are shockingly decent.

QFT

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cyberspi

the fact that there are so many good rugby clubs in the area I don't have to travel far if I want to see a good game..

I miss the nightclub in the george.. Limerick could do with a new 70's or 80's night..

UCH, the belltable, impact, LIT and the castle players.. bound to be some kind of a show or play on every couple of weeks..

I would have said Javas only they closed the bloody place.. I haven't found a replacement yet for my evening non alco refreshments..

• Advertisement

cyberspi wrote:
    I would have said Javas only they closed the bloody place.. I haven't found a replacement yet for my evening non alco refreshments..

Javas may be re-opening at UL next October/November

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

ninty9er wrote:
    Javas may be re-opening at UL next October/November

will not be anywhere near the same!!!! That place had an atmosphere that could never be recreated.
    cyberspi wrote:
    Limerick could do with a new 70's or 80's night..

Icon on fridays, downstairs by the smoking section is 80's/ early 90's

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

I remember first going to Javas about ten years ago!
    Sad to see it closed TBH.

I met so many teenage girlfriends in that place!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭soldering iron

Munster Rugby, nice friendly folk,great Shopping (for lacks),and all the nice people who live in Garryowen housing estate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭lfc1892

meeting the lads for pints on a saturday afternoon in the Still House (soon to be renamed the Carslberg Sports Bar) watching Liverpool....

Kennedy O'Briens on a Wednesday night watching the Champions League...

GOING TO TEDS!!!!!!!

Taking the guitar off the busker at Fergusons for a few drunken choons.

And my favourite thing about Limerick.... The GIRRRLLLS.

(Oh and garlic chip and cheese)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

lfc1892 wrote:
    Taking the guitar off the busker at Fergusons for a few drunken choons.

Gussie!!! What a legend.

Things I like about the place is the people, Riverfest, Town on a saturday in the summer, the milk market.

oh and my all time favourite place in limerick is Custom House Park and Sylvester O'Halloran Bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 derfen

1. Walking the "scenic route" from caherdavin to town via clonmacken, Barrington's pier, Westfields.

2. Saturday afternoon around town,as long as it doesn't clash with #3

3. Rugby

4. Snooker in the Vic (is it still open ?)

5. My ma's big Sunday morning Fry-up, with a mug of Tea to wash it all down.........i'm droolin' !

..........being exiled makes you miss the little things

derfen :: Blog

Advertisement