Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 Overcharging

Options
  • 03-04-2007 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Thought people should be aware of this.

I have a blackberry with o2. Over the last couple of months I noticed I was starting to get pretty heft data charges.... which surprised me since most of my data usage should have been covered by my blackberry plan.

I queried it after the first months bill and they said they legit charges... eventually I challenged this a month ago, spoke to somebody, who spoke to a supervisor, then I spoke to a supervisor, then I spoke to somebody in data support... who didn't call me back etc...

Eventually a month later I got a call back from O2 where after much pressure they admitted that somebody had made a muckup on my account and the blackberry tariff wasn't applied properly which meant I was being charged for all of my email usage.

In total I was overcharged by the bones of 250 euros over four months and it took them a month to sort it out.

Whats annoyed me most has been the attitude. No call backs, even from supervisors and barely an apology in sight.

Not sure if there is much point in raising this issue with comreg at this stage as the issue has been resolved, but the carriers really do have quite the attitude.

My advice, check your bill. As you just can't trust o2 billing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Yes its happened to me ,it was for around 200 euro and they coughed it back up as i kept calling them but it wasnt for data charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 nobby2k1

Looks like I've gone over my allocated units and am paying for everything now. I regulary check o2 website to keep track of my inclusive units and apparently they haven't budged...so gonna get hit with extra charges this month...anyone else having problems with their account details online?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 joebstarsurfer

I dont get how i used 2 gb at 430 on a thurshday.But i wouldnt recomend calling customer care it took 3 people to get me upgraded to view my account online.Ive never paid 120 Euros for a month scarry.Not sure about them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Possedion

does this not occur when you use your phone to allow other devices to connect using your data service.
    I think o2 flag this and charge extra...

they are so misserable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Possedion wrote: »
    does this not occur when you use your phone to allow other devices to connect using your data service.
    I think o2 flag this and charge extra...

they are so misserable

On a different note I had this with a Nokia 5800 on PAYG. Had all updates etc disabled on the phone. Random connections being made for data at €1 a pop. They said the only way to fix it was to disable the internet. I said OK. Then I couldn't send picture messages........02 used to be marvellous,but, in my experience, they've gone downhill in the past couple of years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Possedion

Freddie59 wrote: »
    On a different note I had this with a Nokia 5800 on PAYG. Had all updates etc disabled on the phone. Random connections being made for data at €1 a pop. They said the only way to fix it was to disable the internet. I said OK. Then I couldn't send picture messages........02 used to be marvellous,but, in my experience, they've gone downhill in the past couple of years.

I totally agree, they were great, easy for upgrades. good network.
    its as if they take joy out of squeezing every cent from the customers during these tough times. they must be loosing serious market share at this stage.

their smart phone tariffs are a joke.... 'o2 can do'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

3 Mobile are now giving unlimited Data allowance on the €40 a month or higher bill pay options.

People should not have to worry about Smartphones not being smart and clocking up a savage bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭scholes

If 02 don't reduce their smart phone rates soon or change their rediculous data allowance of 500 meg , I can see their customer base falling big time. So many of my friends have either gone meteor or three. Myself and wife are going to three next month and prob most of family will follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Freddie59 wrote: »

That happened to me too. I'm probably going to move away from O2 once my contract is up.

Advertisement