Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone gettin Guitar Hero 2

• 03-04-2007 12:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭

It got a good review from IGN but according to Play.com it will be over 100 euro.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Any truth to the rumour that most shops will sell this on Thursday as the stated release date is Good Friday??

I'll buy it whichever day it comes out, will play it to death too. Wonder what kind of community it'l have on boards, haven't really heard many people talking about it?

And yes, €100-110 seems to be the price most places are coming up with!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Excuse my ignorance (I know very little about the game) when you purchase the game does it come with the little guitar jobby or do you purchase that seperatley?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I am pretty sure the €100 price tag is that you get a Guitar controller with it as well. Might pick this up if I can get a 2nd guitar at a decent price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Is the game due to have any extra features (other than different songs) from the playstation 2 release ? I'm trying to justify its purchase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Extra songs and lots of DLC will be made available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Hmmm, if thats the case I might hold off 'till the price drops a little, or make my brother buy it .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Is the guitar wireless?

I see there is a wireless one coming out for the PS2.

Guitar is wired as MS are overly protective of the wireless tech on the 360, which is a crying shame.

That said, I've been playing a guitar with a "wire" coming out of it for 6 odd years now, so I'll get over it I think!!

So... I want this NOW!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

There will be a wireless controller, its just a matter of time before they release it.
    And yes, unfortunately it is down to Microsoft not allowing 3rd partys to use their wireless tech.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I think the game is coming out the 6 April. Yes the guitar comes with the game i think. Also there will be leaderboards and downloadable content (songs?) on the Xbox version

• Advertisement

I'd be tempted to get it and the wired guitar doesn't bother me. I have GH 1 and 2 for the PS2 though so I wont be rushing out to get this. GH 1 is better than 2 I think but it lacks some of the features (such as breakdown of performance (I got 2 before 1)).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭danbhala

i'll definately be getting this!!!

i was sold the nite i saw it in my mate's for the ps2 a few weeks ago.

the fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Cant wait for this! RedOctane said a wireless guitar is being developed so I'm only gonna get the one with it and when the wireless one is released I'll buy that.
    I'd love if some shop broke the street date and sold on thursday, I'll text my boss and ask him whats the deal with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

yeah its 110€ and coming out this friday. if you were in the states you can order from redoctane, get 2 guitars and the game and get a gig bag to carry the 2 guitars for free! pity they dont post here.

I dont play any instrument. Would this still be a good game to get for me?

Dman001 wrote:
    I dont play any instrument. Would this still be a good game to get for me?
    Yup, it'll be fine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

Im gettin it wooooooo

Downloadable tracks would be sweeeetttt:D :D

guitar_hero_2_xbox.jpg
    Biggest game box ever?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,700 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

As much as Id love to pick this up, the fact I have the two PS2 versions - which are pretty much identical to this version minus 'My Chemical Romance' et al (a loss I think I can accept) - so don't think I could justify the hefty price tag.
    *sits down, waits for Guitar Hero 3*

As much as Id love to pick this up, the fact I have the two PS2 versions - which are pretty much identical to this version minus 'My Chemical Romance' et al (a loss I think I can accept) - so don't think I could justify the hefty price tag.

I don't think it's fair to relegate Deep Purple and Iron Maiden to the "et al"

I've played both the PS2 games to death on expert... apart from Jordan, and still can't wait to get this. BatM has been confirmed as being in the first batch of DLC, maybe I'll finally 5* it with the improved hopo's from GHII!!

I don't know if PS2 versions had 5.1 support but i'm also looking forward to hearing GH in 5.1 for the first time, for me anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I hummed and hawed over getting this for the PS2 last year, and finally decided not to bother because I'm generally useless at rhythm games (you should see me flailing hopelessly over my well-used copy of Space Channel 5 on the DC) but I think I'm going to get this aswell just for the party element. And the guitar is a lot nicer than the PS2 version imho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I was reading an article on GameSpot. I don't think there'll be a Guitar Hero 3. The company are working on Rock Band, where you'll get a guitar (for lead guitar and bass) a drumkit and a microphone. Should be interesting to say the least :D It's got a November 1st release date.

There will be a guitar hero 3. Harmonix are doing Rock Band but RedOctane will still carry on with Guitar Hero.

I was reading on Wiki (yeah credible source...) that they're going to relase an 80's only version some time this year. I'd buy that.

Makaveli wrote:
    I was reading on Wiki (yeah credible source...) that they're going to relase an 80's only version some time this year. I'd buy that.
    That would be incredible. Imagine Boston 'More Than a Feeling' and other such classic power ballads!!

Sarcasm?

I just want to play some Journey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

Small Town Girl for the DLC thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,700 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Slurms wrote:
    That would be incredible. Imagine Boston 'More Than a Feeling' and other such classic power ballads!!

Prepare for a surprise when you play GH1 ;) Hopefully they will include this masterpiece of a GH song as downloadable content. Must have played it twenty times on PS2.
    And the 80s version was definitely announced a while back. Personally, I thought it was an odd decade to pick...

Makaveli wrote:
    Sarcasm?

I just want to play some Journey.
    Nope I'm serious. I love cheesy 80's music!
    Prepare for a surprise when you play GH1 ;) Hopefully they will include this masterpiece of a GH song as downloadable content. Must have played it twenty times on PS2.
    Awesome! Hope it is part of the DLC then!!

• Advertisement

More Than A Feeling is the only song I'm good at (I'm not good at the game). Soon I'll move up to hard (can get 99% in Medium but want that perfect score).

Advertisement