Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone gettin Guitar Hero 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,157 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Interested in getting this, but not paying €100+ for it. Anybody know of any good trade in deals going? Like usually it's trade in two get a new game for €10. Anything like trade in two and get guitar hero for €40 or so going?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Interested in getting this, but not paying €100+ for it. Anybody know of any good trade in deals going? Like usually it's trade in two get a new game for €10. Anything like trade in two and get guitar hero for €40 or so going?
    well its not out so I doubt theres any deals yet.

Here's hoping release date is broken tomorrow!!

Just so people know, this will be on sale in Game Blanchardstown tomorrow. I presume all other Games are following suit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Can anybody update on who's selling it today... I'll buy it asap, but would rather not give game my money as I hate them! :D

So, any news on smyths, xtravision, gamespot, virgin or harvey norman? I've a mate in virgin who'll give me an update, but as of yesterday they didn't even have em in stock!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

The 80's version has been confirmed, but only for the PS2. There has been talk of it being DLC for the X360 version though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

What price is in Game, Slurms?

It's going on sale early because of Good Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

You can trade in GRAW2 and get a deal on it in game.

Its €110 in Game btw.

Mr. K called Game in Limerick, told him that they won't be selling it until tomorrow. Makes it easier for me not to buy it there, but will others follow suit?

EDIT: Shocking news.... The member of game staff he talked to was wrong, and they are selling it in limerick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Strange how one can ring for one answer, then actually ask in person an hour and a half later and get another. All the shops are open tomorrow anyway! I have a few PS2 games I'd like to trade in, but I suspect they'll get me about 20 Euro in total. I want this game so bad...!

Went to Harvey Norman, Gamespot, Smyths and Xtravision, none were selling it. I'll be bussing it into town proper at 5 to get it from HMV. Then I'll ignore my girlfriend for the next 10-12 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Then I'll ignore my girlfriend for the next 10-12 hours.

That's one for the BG&RH forum....smoooooth :D

Oh man its all I wanted it to be!!
    Tonight I'm gonna Rock you, tonight. Absolutely fantastic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭JM MARCONI

Cool, id love more spinal tap in the DLC. Were did you get it and how much?

Thanks

Bought it in game. But I only payed like 60 euro for it. Loadsa money on my reward card plus my discount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Slurms wrote:
    Bought it in game. But I only payed like 60 euro for it. Loadsa money on my reward card plus my discount.

Discount?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Okay so got this in HMV and bring it home and there no feckin' game in the box :mad: . Bloody annoyed at that. Will have to go get it sorted out in the morning now. I can't believe the game wasn't in the box.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,700 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Slurms wrote:
    Oh man its all I wanted it to be!!
    Tonight I'm gonna Rock you, tonight. Absolutely fantastic!

*sniff* one game I would love to play again for the first time. That feeling of pure joy and rock is unrivalled in video gaming.
    Especially after dragging that huge box all the way home from town :)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭thecheese

got mine in hmv for €90 with student discount. thankfully mine had the game in it :rolleyes:

Discount?
    I work there.

Hangar 18 is bloody hard! The Trooper is incredibly fun!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

gah! xtra-vision in balbriggan and skerries both maintain its not out yet, and i cant get it anywhere else coz ive no money and was relying on their generous trade in prices to pay for it

• Advertisement

€99 in HMV round by Stephen's Green SC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

i know you can change the setting in game like the ps2 version but unlike the ps2 the new guitar aint so lefty friendly.

Any left handed folks pick this up????????????

From the look of it id not be able to reach the wammy bar and someothers have said the way the strap is mounted makes the guitar sit to high when u play left handed?

Ok blasted through the game on medium, now starting on hard. Can I just say, I hate the orange button :(

My whammy bar doesn't work half the time, which is crazy annoying when your trying to 5* songs on expert... Has anybody else had this problem?? I might end up bringing it back to HMV... Also got it with student discount - 89.99 ftw!!

Otherwise it's flawless... :D

picked it up myself today and its great crack, it's now up there on me list of top 5 games for the 360 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

My whammy bar doesn't work half the time, which is crazy annoying when your trying to 5* songs on expert... Has anybody else had this problem?? I might end up bringing it back to HMV...
    Theres a known problem with some of the models of the guitars

http://www.gwn.com/news/story.php/id/12044/RedOctane_Respond_To_Whammy_Bar_Issue.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

Got it today brezzed through it on easy doing it on medium now finding it quite challengeing. Stoped there a second ago i was too tired to keep going haha:D :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

wes wrote:
    Okay so got this in HMV and bring it home and there no feckin' game in the box :mad: . Bloody annoyed at that. Will have to go get it sorted out in the morning now. I can't believe the game wasn't in the box.

Went in on Friday and got my game :D . Things were sorted out quickly by the staff. Fair play to them for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

so i take it there aint no lefty version of the guitar ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

No, there's a an option in the game called lefty flip that lets you change it to left handed. The whammy bar will be on the top instead of the bottom though.

Advertisement