Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone gettin Guitar Hero 2

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Makaveli wrote:
    No, there's a an option in the game called lefty flip that lets you change it to left handed. The whammy bar will be on the top instead of the bottom though.

yeah after my original post about the lefty issue i was lucky enough to be able to try a friends copy. the guitar also sits to0 high if u use the strap.

To be honest it was fine once i sat it on my knee (steal guitar style)
    but just didnt feel the same :-(

and again i think i said this b4 here for the ps2 version , - damn u orange button

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

My brain goes to mush when the orange key is needed. Suddenly I lose all coordination and can't hit a note.

That's one major plus for GH2 over the first one, the ability to be able to practice different parts of songs and to slow it down. I tried More Than A Feeling (I bought GH1 just for this song) on hard, failed at 83% of the song done. It's a massive jump in difficulty, going from 99% in medium with relative ease. I suck at HO and PO though which means I can never really excell at hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

So finished easy mode. Favorite song to play so far is Monkey Wrench. Started Medium mode now. I am still rubbish at it, but slowly getting better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'm not very good at it. Struggling to complete the first five songs on medium alone - not sure if it's the kind of thing you'll be able to improve at much either - I just have sausage fingers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Sausage fingers shouldn't make a difference, the fret buttons are huge. Keep trying, you'll get better. I'm gonna start on medium soon, I have to get up to Burning Eclipse's level. It should only take, oh, I dunno, a decade or so!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

Never played the game until the 360 version on Thurs night. Haven't stopped all weekend. Even nipped home at lunch today for a quick play :D

Like a lot of people here I've completed medium. But I've found hard to be massive jump in difficulty. As people keep saying - the orange button!!!!
    So I'm playing through easy again to try and get 5 stars on all songs.

Any expert tips??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

As said eariler i completed on easy doing on medium now not finding it too hard (anymore;) :D ) Some parts of songs is tricky

Fave songs so far : Surrender or Jessica

Yes IM dreading the orange button!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

My whammy bar doesn't work half the time, which is crazy annoying when your trying to 5* songs on expert... Has anybody else had this problem?? I might end up bringing it back to HMV... Also got it with student discount - 89.99 ftw!!

Otherwise it's flawless... :D

Fixed it this morning thanks to this, via Kotaku..

http://www.allaboutthegames.net/feature_story.php?article_id=7714

Worked like a charm. Now it truly is flawless!!!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

Finished medium last night, but with 3 stars on most of the latter songs, I'll have to improve on that

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,700 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The game does require alotta time to get good at. For the orange button haters amongst you, Id just recommend finding a song that you find the orange button not too difficult and keep trying it. Best tip - use the pinkie for blue and orange, if your fingers are flexible enough ;) If the song is predominantly using the lower notes, then move your hand accordingly. There were a couple of songs in GH1 especially which were great for practicing those tricky 'advanced' manouveres, not so sure about GH2. Although I did have to learn Hammer Ons and Pull Offs in GH2, and Id recommend just keep on practicing the earlier songs - you really, really need these two techniques to get anywhere in hard or beyond.

I didnt see any downloadable content on Xbox Live yet. Any word on if the extra songs are going to be kostenlos?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I think the DLC is three songs in a group, so might be 400 points for 3 songs? Dunno though. I wanna play More Than a Feeling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Bought GH2 on Tuesday, and am just after finising Medium with 5 stars on everything.
    Never played a guitar or a gH game before and found it took a few hours to get the basics right, but after that it's becoming second nature.

Thought I'd try a song on expert for the laugh, and managed to get 4% through it!:p

Loving the game though, now to get practising the hammer-ons and pull-offs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

playing this game with the joypad is one of the most physically painful gaming experiences ever

confusing as hell at the start too, but im flying through it on medium now on first play at career, with 85-95% average on tracks

fun, but sore

Failed Jordan again last night... I always give up after 2/3 attempts though, just so damn frustrating. Anyone in Ireland done it yet?? I must get some discipline and really tackle it this weekend.

Perhaps my newly arrived z5450's will bring me the extra oomph I need to get 3 stars on it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Are you playing it on expert? I just looked at a video of it on youtube. That is most ridiculously hard thing I have ever seen.

Makaveli wrote:
    Are you playing it on expert? I just looked at a video of it on youtube. That is most ridiculously hard thing I have ever seen.

Ya 5* it on hard no problem, expert however, remains a mystery to me. Like I said, I'll attack it at the weekend!!!

Just finshed medium today, most with four stars :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

An update just came online for the game while I was playing, seems to have fixed the whammy bar thing. Either that or through some strange coincidence mine started working perfectly all on it's own.

noticed that too, my whammy seems a lot more responsive now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

The update was to fix the whammy bar.

Suprised no one posted about the dlc prices. 500 points for 3 songs, way to much for song especially considering they're just GH1 songs.

http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2007/04/11/gh-ii-song-packs-3-of-em.aspx

• Advertisement

There was a seperate thread about the DLC.
    We all expressed our outrage about it, but I'm over it now.

Calm blue ocean, calm blue ocean. Deep Breath!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Meh, who cares. You get 70+ songs on the main game. That should keep you going. I very much doubt they're charging a high price once costs are taken into effect. The point of business is to make money not to make people happy.

Personally, the only problem I have is that the soundalike on Killer Queen sucks ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

So this is out a few months, anywhere selling it on the cheap?:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

dont think so. think the game is still selling very strongly. When I bought it I had to go to 3 different shops :(

Thanks miju, will keep my eyes on Adverts and elsewhere.

€110 in game and €105 in HMV.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

you can get it for €99 in any Smyths and €99 in HMV Blanchardstown

Yeah I noticed that too but I'd imagine I'll get hit with customs on it coming in.

• Advertisement

Kenny 5 wrote:
    Yeah I noticed that too but I'd imagine I'll get hit with customs on it coming in.
    Ah sugar, forgot about that.

Advertisement