Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline Summer Presenter *abDD*

• 03-04-2007 1:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Anyone care to suggest a summer replacement for Joe Duffy - anyone but Derek Davis.....can't stand him! If I have to listen to him once more saying "the finest" when someone asks how he is I will crack up. I switched stations last time he filled in and will do so this year again.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

They should shift Gerry Ryan from 2FM over to Liveline on RTE Radio One and replace Ryan with a Ray Darcy type show.

Just a thought...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

They should make Duffy do the show for the Summer, he gets paid enough.

Not that Braithneach dude who did it on Monday anyway,do yer frikken head in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 lled14

you're right! that guy on Mon made the dreaded DD sound good....very strange character indeed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭radioman

I hear Marty Whelan's available

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

God its a bad sign with Marty Wheelan is suggested! I don't mind DD too much, though the "I'm the finest" does grate. I notice he spent less of last summer on fishing and boating stories (I think someone must have had a word in his shell-like).

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

lled14 wrote:
    Anyone care to suggest a summer replacement for Joe Duffy
    Rodge and Podge.

Case closed.

Rodge and Podge.................................. I love it!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

...or perhaps Daniel O'Donnel:

"...five pounds sterling for a cup of tea on Ryanair?...ach...that's shocking so it is...mammy only charges my fans a euro when they call....chealm down now so ya will....here's my latest single to relax ye all..."

Eddie Hobbs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭MOTHERTRUCKER

Derek Davies is just too nice. He's a very optimistic presenter, God bless and look after yourself. Plus he rambles on about fishing and "the good auld days" too much.

I think Senator David Norris would be excellant.
    He's intelligent, hilarious, (Gay and proud which say's a lot these days) and he's a human rights activist.

Green_Week_launch2007.jpg

• Advertisement

But the good senator is also on Newstalk on Sunday (quiet entertaining as a rule) so proberly would'nt be free to have a go. Could be fun listening to him fielding bile from the great unwashed though :)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

Could they just not cancel the show for the time he's off? I'd prefer if it was cancelled forever but that's just me.

David Norris is a great choice but I can't see how Duffy's loyal whingers would find any solace in calling Norris to complain about their neighbours cat sh1tting on their lawn :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

I suggest Sean Hannity or Bill O Reilly.....nothing like neo-con far-right extremists to stir things up on de raydio.

The Right are'nt allowed on Irish radio except to be challanged/mocked

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Bring back Marion!

I think Derek is doing ok this week, not as annoying as he usually is, and no mention of "the finest"! although he did start talking about sailors yesterday.

But DD, if you are reading this - can I make one friendly point? I understand the concept. If I text you, I should be prepared for you to call me and put me on the radio. There's no need to remind me every. time. you give. the number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

oh and another thing. The liveline number is not the best known number in the country. That would be 999. I can't even remember the liveline number :D

tbh wrote:
    oh and another thing. The liveline number is not the best known number in the country. That would be 999. I can't even remember the liveline number :D

Actually, no, not "the best known number in the COUNTRY" according to DD.......but in the STATE!! Feel like screaming when he calls us the "Free State".

Advertisement