Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most popular free newspaper in Galway

Options
  • 03-04-2007 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭

Just wondering what is the most popular free newspaper in Galway the Galway Advertiser or the Galway Independent

Which of these free Galway newspapers is the best 31 votes

Galway Advertiser
    0% 0 votes
    Galway Independent
    100% 31 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Why do you need to know?
    I voted Advertiser but prefer First

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Vas_Guy

Its just because I'm want to advertise a business in Galway and not sure which paper is the best one to advertise with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Always gonna be the advertiser

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Indeed Advertiser is your man(?)

Advertiser if you want to get peoples attention definately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

Though it is a good deal more expensive than the Indo, get what you pay for I guess!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭themole

I voted for the advertiser.

The pole question is misleading however. If you want to know which paper is the "best", as in content, i dunno.

If you want to know which one has the higher circulation then deffo the advertiser, this could be due to it being around much longer and may not say anything about its quality.

What you in fact wanted to know was which one to advertise in, which will almost vertainly be the advertiser, but depending on cost why not both?

It depends on your business. What do you do? Let us know here and now and you have got some free advertising :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 smellbreath

What's your thoughts on Galway First? In terms of content, I think it's very good. Not sure of circulation or that stuff though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Outside what paper's office do students queue come September looking for digs ...

The classifieds in the Advertiser are better. If I was interested in real estate, it would be the best paper going :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

What's your thoughts on Galway First? In terms of content, I think it's very good. Not sure of circulation or that stuff though
    Galway First ? Isn't that the paper that makes up news to get it's readers..?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Thats owned by the same shower that owns the advertiser isn't it? They are trying to hit all market segments with that one, its to be the "Sunday World" or "Star" of the free wesht of Ireland papers. Their mission statement is clearly to create controversy (evidenced by the completely bollocks G4 column). I'd say they have enough versions of the advertiser running that they felt one completely off the wall paper wouldn't hurt.

Mind you you could print off a list of Dunnes prices for bogroll over the last five years and sell advertising on it if you could deliver it to every house in Galway. Once your distribution network is in place, your non advertisement content becomes fairly redundant, also the thinking behind every spam network in existence. Is Galway first the first example of junk mail to originate in Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭red_fox

I'd say the advertister is the one to go for, but then it also depends on the cost and if it's worth it.

I think the standard of the advertister has dropped in the last few years but maybe it's the same and I'm just getting tired of the ad to other content being 3:1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

I prefered the observer when it was around ,that i read,most of the advertiser i just flick through.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

For advertising, I use the advertiser. If you're a new business, have a look at their one or two page feature ads.

I wouldn'y even bother looking at Galway First; I can't understand hoe it's still running.

OP; give us an idea of what you want to advertise; there may be a few more suggestions.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Galway First ? Isn't that the paper that makes up news to get it's readers..?
    Believe me, the more established papers have often included the odd "strategic fabrication".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Rredwell

What <i>is</i> the Galway First? I hadn't been in home for 3 months until this weekend, and it surprised me. It seems to be even more tabloidy than the Advertiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Rredwell wrote:
    What <i>is</i> the Galway First? I hadn't been in home for 3 months until this weekend, and it surprised me. It seems to be even more tabloidy than the Advertiser.
    From the Advertiser family, so that explains the tabloidy feel to it. I haven't seen the paper in any shops out here in the country seeing as it's probably aimed at city folk. I won't be going out of my way to get it either.

Advertisement