Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garmin Nuvi 300 - Adding maps?

• 03-04-2007 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭

I borrowed a Nuvi 300 off a friend for a couple of weeks, but want to know how to go about adding a map of Italy to it. I've seen them on the garmin.com site for $179 that come on an SD card, but is there anywhere I can buy a map on-line, download it and add it to my own SD card and slot it into the device?

Is the only way to add maps to buy them already on an SD card?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

The Garmin Nuvi 300 used to come with Navtech V's 8 map of Ireland and Uk
    . Last October they released V's 9 which includes all of Europe. If you are updating from V'8 your friend will need to get a DVD update for about
    $ us 80 dollars. When you get the DVD you upload it onto an SD card in the Nuvi and get an unlock code from Garmin to access the detailed maps.

You may still be able to gte a preloaded sd card map from a retailer but it may be more expensive. Try Harvey Norman or Satnav.ie .They might have them in stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Cool, thanks for the help. It seems to have the main roads in Europe, but not near like the UK/Ireland detail

Advertisement