Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From Breaking News This Morning

Options
  • 03-04-2007 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭

Link

Views?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

Views?

yes:

_38879497_dublinjail238.jpg

and

_1375295_maghaberryfront300.jpg

and

00001c9d10dr.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Those houses need to be knocked and re-built with crime prevention in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Yes, but they also need to throw out the scum who make everyone else's life miserable....and to answer those humanitarians who will ask where to put them....the streets look like a good option to me!!

Plenty of decent people on the streets that came upon misfortune that would be only too glad to paticipate in these communities...call it a swap of sorts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Looks like a step forward, hopefully it will help the problem with scum in our city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

I can never see aother 100 cops in moyross and southill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭irishproduce

ricey wrote:
    I can never see aother 100 cops in moyross and southill.

I agree, love the first response, class :D

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Cateym

Years ago Galway had a similiar problem in an area of town called Rahoon. There were a group of council blocks of flats all together and crime was rampant. They bulldozed the lot of them and split up the residents to different sides of the city. Re-build the place with very nice semi-d's.

Solved the problem. Galway as such does not have a 'bad' area any more at least not one that springs to mind as readily as Ballymun, Southhill etc etc

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Rahoon flats were pretty rough ok.

I think if they come down hard on the scallies and stop the crime and take their cash (CAB) things will change. They may move elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Suppose it can only mean good things for the decent people of those area's. But im not so sure if the scum will be too bothered by it. Unfortunately, you can't throw these people out and move them to other sides of the city, as their new neighbours wont be too impressed.

Plenty of guards, maintaining a constant presence and brething down the backs of their necks is the only answer.

By the way, has anyone ever driven through glenagross or delmege park? I think you should, just to see how mad the area is.Its like a different world

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

I just hope they don't send any of them cailín deas community co-ordinators into Moyross... :eek:

403313.jpg

I agree with Sierra Oscar's suggestion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cmurph

bob meaney.....i have been in delmege park once in the last 2 weeks...i have to say i was stunned at the devastation in there....there was rubbish burning in the middle of the road ,a mattress thrown out in someones front lawn.....broken toys and bikes all over the place.....so many houses boarded up......

i was humbled to see what conditions some good honest people have to live in, and i am very thankful to have a lovely home out in the county.

lets just hope something can be done and done quickly to help the people out there who need and want help.

Advertisement