Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diabetic cat

Options
  • 03-04-2007 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with diabetes in cats. My 12 yr old moggie got diagnosed there a few months back. Shes now on twice daily insulin injections and an inhaler (for asthma). She was never an indoor cat and spends 90% of the day outside. Basically shes constantly hungry (even trying to rob the dogs food). The vets have said not to feed her outside the allotted times i.e. before each injection. But, its impossible to keep an eye on her 24/7. Im worried we're doin her more harm than good as if diabetes isnt managed properly can lead to other problems. Does anyone have any advice (apart from the obvious answer of keeping her in all the time)?:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Would it be possible for you have her inside? It wouldn't be that hard to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

No..ive only just moved back to my parents home and they wont allow her indoors for long periods of time (its always been like that) and anyway the cat is cryin to get out after 15 mins inside! Im just worried we're doing her more harm than good by trying to maintain this diabetes when we cant really regulate what she eats through the day!

Advertisement