Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Google Talk + Vista = Blue Screen

• 03-04-2007 3:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads, I'm running Vista Ultimate on a sony S-series laptop and have problems with a few programs? for example Google Talk? For some reason I'm getting the blue screen when I try and run this after install?

Any advice for me?

Thanks
    Gary

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I haven't tried google talk on Vista, but I would suggest running it in XP SP2 compatibility mode. If you go to properties on whatever shortcut you use to launch google talk, there should be a compatibility tab visible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I works fine for me in vista, did you download the latest version?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭randombar

Ya tried out that compatibility thing and still does seem to work? Bloody annoying, downloaded the latest version from the site only today and yup still not working! Any solutions would be much appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

It works for me , however , here are two things to try ,

If you are accessing google talk through Internet explorer 7 , then turn off protected mode and see if it works ,

Failing that ,

Either turn off UAC ( user access control ... in users on the control panel ) and see if that works , or , try and run google talk in admin mode , ( find the exe , right click and go to properties ) .

One of those should work ,

Turning off protected mode did it for me , but I switched to Firefox shortly afterwards as its a personal preference of mine and I have no issues using googletalk now!

Advertisement