Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killiney - Ranelagh

• 03-04-2007 4:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭

I might be getting offered a job in Ranelagh, so I need to suss out how I will get there. I'll have use of the car some of, but not all the time. Are there any buses that would help me out? How long would it take to walk to Ranelagh from the 46a stop in Donnybrook?

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Sup Killiney boardsie! what part? from watsons myself!

allow about 20-30 mins to walk, should take you less tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Funkstard wrote:
    I might be getting offered a job in Ranelagh, so I need to suss out how I will get there. I'll have use of the car some of, but not all the time. Are there any buses that would help me out? How long would it take to walk to Ranelagh from the 46a stop in Donnybrook?

Cheers

Less than 10 minutes. Depending on where you're working you could get off a stop or two later around the Burlington and walk down the Appian way to get right into Ranelagh Village

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

You sure the Donnybrook stop would be closer than the Leson Street/ canal stop? Anyway, yeah you'd almost definitely be there in 20 minutes, probably less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Definitely less than 20 minutes, though the main street of Ranelagh is quite long so that could make a difference, where will you be working?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭Funkstard

20 mins from the bus stop? The (hopeful) job offer is for Xtra Vision...in the village I presume.

And if there's a bus stop closer than Donnybrook great!

I was toying with the idea of the luas but quickly realised it would be completely impractical

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Ah yeah in that case get off the bus round the burlington/appian way and it'd be a ten minute walk max!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Sound cheers!

Advertisement