Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tag Heuer purchase online?

• 03-04-2007 4:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know any online stores that deal in up to the minute Tags? I've found one or two shops, but they seem to stock the older models.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

http://www.watchfinder.co.uk/

was reccommended to me when i was buying my omega. i didn't go with them in the end because i was wary of spending so much that if anything went wrong that it'd have to go back to england then off to the switzerland.

i don't know if the tag watches on the site are up to date models but sure you can have a look.

good luck in finding your new watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Hi,

I have a black automatic carrera that I bought last yr.

I wasn’t comfortable buying online tbh. I found that the customs charges when importing and the price on shipping with a reputable company more or less negated the cost importing.

I decided to use getting the watch as an excuse to go on a short trip to NY. No cost to import as I wore it home and with the saving I basically got a free hol.

my 5c.

Wisesmurf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭coxy123

Hi Wisesmurf,

Would you mind letting me know where you purchased in NYC as I hope to go in Nov. and am interested in buying a tag there also. You can PM if you like. Tks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

Pythia, would you mind letting me know what kind of saving you made, like how much te watch was here and over there, could I have local prices, Euro for her and US for the price you paid. I'm looking to get a Tag and am going to New York in December and want to know if it is worth buying over there.
    If you don't mind can you PM me the info, cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

I got a tag in chicago last year, €695 in Dublin, $650 in chicago

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 eirestar

Also, if you buy in Macys you’ll get an extra 11% off with your Irish passport.

That said, my brother bought one on Amazon.com for considerably cheaper than Macys. But he lives in the US so there were no Customs issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Hello123

Wisesmurf wrote:
    Hi,

I have a black automatic carrera that I bought last yr.

I wasn’t comfortable buying online tbh. I found that the customs charges when importing and the price on shipping with a reputable company more or less negated the cost importing.

I decided to use getting the watch as an excuse to go on a short trip to NY. No cost to import as I wore it home and with the saving I basically got a free hol.

my 5c.

Wisesmurf
    Any chance you could let me know where you purchased it ? in New York? Am thinking of doing so myself but want a reputable distributer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

I have been tempted to buy online too, but you'd really need to be sure it was from a reputable dealer. Too many fakes out there. So my Monaco will have to wait :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

http://www.aaronswatches.com/tag-heuer.html

Get it shipped to someone in NY who later brings it home for you thus avoiding customs. You may need to pay direct to their Credit Card and get them to buy it. Most companies will only ship to same address on CC.
    By the way I bought mine on grafton street at 20% less than advertised by bargaining for 10 minutes. if I held out another 10 id say i could have got 25%. The markup is 300%

weirs give you 15% off if you pay by cash.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

OP,there are much better watches out there than Tag.Mechanically they are not very well made,however i take my hat off to their marketing.
    There are some serious watches that can easily outdo Tags for less, take your time and have a look around, most are not well known brands.

There is a wealth of information here its worth your time having a look around especially when your thinking of spending a bit on a watch,the for sale sections are excellent too but most are USA.

http://www.watchuseek.com/index.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,013 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Bough a Tag in NYC a couple of years ago. It was about €300 cheaper than in Dublin. (Can't remember where I bought it).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

padi89 wrote:
    OP,there are much better watches out there than Tag.Mechanically they are not very well made,however i take my hat off to their marketing.
    There are some serious watches that can easily outdo Tags for less, take your time and have a look around, most are not well known brands.

There is a wealth of information here its worth your time having a look around especially when your thinking of spending a bit on a watch,the for sale sections are excellent too but most are USA.

http://www.watchuseek.com/index.htm
    QFT. Tags aren't very good at all IMHO. A bit tacky, unless you go for the "vintage" remakes.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

I like my Tag Carrera, and don't care what anyone says.

Did think of buying online but opted instead to purchase in Weir's. Cost a lttle more, but know where to go should a problem arise, and I know its genuine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

Bought my Omega Planet Ocean Seamaster online, from the Omega site though! lovely watch

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

I find the Breitling Bentely range to be very nice looking watches. The Breitling Daytona is a lovely looking watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Well, after starting this thread in April, I finally got a Tag this morning. The cheapest I could find the watch was 1820 Euro online, from either watchfinder.co.uk, or aatime.com. So, I phoned my local Tag dealer, and told them the price I was able to get. I was quite prepared to pay 1-200 more for local service, and the knowledge of an aftersales backup. They dropped their price from €2610 to €2000 - which was was a very fair price. Here's the baby I got :

CV2014.BA0786

cv2014.ba0786.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

it just tells the time, yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Beelzebub

event wrote:

The man has money and wishes to spend it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

event wrote:

This was my biggest decision actually, I'm a gadget freak, and literally spend far too much on car audio, home cinemas , etc, and spending money on something that JUST tells the time was a little bit weird.

• Advertisement

very nice watch, i'm not mad on the bracelet but different strokes and all that.

don't mind people's reaction to you spending that amount of money on a watch, at least you're paying for something that's quality and will last you for 30-40 years and maybe even pass it down to your children. the same can't be said for like say example designer handbags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

ned78 wrote:
    Well, after starting this thread in April, I finally got a Tag this morning. The cheapest I could find the watch was 1820 Euro online, from either watchfinder.co.uk, or aatime.com. So, I phoned my local Tag dealer, and told them the price I was able to get. I was quite prepared to pay 1-200 more for local service, and the knowledge of an aftersales backup. They dropped their price from €2610 to €2000 - which was was a very fair price. Here's the baby I got :

CV2014.BA0786

cv2014.ba0786.jpg

Thats my watch, nice find, and from an Irish dealer, good price. My watch came to roughly €1700 at the time and there was no chance of getting any reduction off the €2650 that Irish dealers were looking for becuase it was brand new.
    With the strength of the Euro vs the dollar its even more advantagous at the moment to go to america for the watch.

For those of you looking for where I got the watch I'll post when I look at the reciept (in work at the moment) There are hundreds of reputable dealers in NYC tho, you just need to look for the best deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

kmick wrote: »
    http://www.aaronswatches.com/tag-heuer.html

Get it shipped to someone in NY who later brings it home for you thus avoiding customs. You may need to pay direct to their Credit Card and get them to buy it. Most companies will only ship to same address on CC.
    By the way I bought mine on grafton street at 20% less than advertised by bargaining for 10 minutes. if I held out another 10 id say i could have got 25%. The markup is 300%

Firstly sorry to resurrect a dinosaur thread!!!

Got engaged last year and want a Tag for the wedding (specifically this one). Retail price in Weir's is €4070.

Budget is about 3k, haven't haggled or played one retailer off against each other yet. Just visited Weir's to get the retail price. Went to €3600 for cash straight away (I didn't even ask, he said retail is 4070, "we can do it for 3600 if you pay cash"). Just wondering how low do people think they'd go? Is 3k too low to hope for if I pay in 50 euro notes?

Retail price in the UK is £3500 so Belfast is also an option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Firstly sorry to resurrect a dinosaur thread!!!

Got engaged last year and want a Tag for the wedding (specifically this one). Retail price in Weir's is €4070.

Budget is about 3k, haven't haggled or played one retailer off against each other yet. Just visited Weir's to get the retail price. Went to €3600 for cash straight away (I didn't even ask, he said retail is 4070, "we can do it for 3600 if you pay cash"). Just wondering how low do people think they'd go? Is 3k too low to hope for if I pay in 50 euro notes?

Retail price in the UK is £3500 so Belfast is also an option

Where are you going on honeymoon? Check the Tag website for any authorised stockist you may pass on your travels.;) I saved a couple of grand picking mine up on my travels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Where are you going on honeymoon? Check the Tag website for any authorised stockist you may pass on your travels.;) I saved a couple of grand picking mine up on my travels.

That's not a bad idea that :D

Not getting married til April 2011 so no rush on the watch. No plans for the Honey moon either so its definitely something to keep in mind!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

You might find some useful information in the Timepiece forum.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Advertisement