Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday April 10th 8pm at St Judes -v- Inter yourauldone

Options
  • 03-04-2007 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

First match thread for a while.

Don't know a damn thing about the opposition, don't care, just nice to have a team and back on the pitch.

Eight O'Clock kick off at St Judes.

Anyone know the best way to get there?

Haven't a clue what my starting XI will look like, but because of the amount of new players, I'd like to give everyone a run out for a look.

I'll try and stick with the lads from last season to begin with.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

seansouth wrote:
    Eight O'Clock kick off at St Judes.

Anyone know the best way to get there?

It's straight off the M50 (if you're on the M50)

going southbound M50, turn off at Templeogue exit, follow road around to the left. You'll see the Spawell on your left hand side, at the roundabout take the first exit, so that you're passing the Spawell on your left.

About 300-400 yards up the road there's an entrance to a church and just after that there's a left turn leading into a GAA Club..that's St. Judes

going northbound, you take the third exit on the rounabout at the top of the off-ramp for templeogue to bring you across to the same place as going southbound and then follow instructions as above.
    Seansouth wrote:
    Haven't a clue what my starting XI will look like, but because of the amount of new players, I'd like to give everyone a run out for a look.

I'll try and stick with the lads from last season to begin with.

seems fair enough, I'll have money for you tonight from a mate who wants to play and I can organise a few bodies for next week if we're stuck (just let me know)

incidentally if the opposition were to try and cancel this I think we could be forgiving ;)

[size=-12] nothing to do with being a utd fan honest[/size]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I'm coming from Sandyford and I don't have a car.

Back into town is it?

And feck off talking about the bleedin' Champions League.

Have a read of the Charter...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054978335

:D

sorry aboUT that Des, it was Very inconsideRate Of Me And it won't happen again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭gilroyb

Iago wrote:
    About 300-400 yards up the road there's an entrance to a church and just after that there's a left turn leading into a GAA Club..that's St. Judes

Almost. It's not a church, it's another GAA club, Faughs GAA. Just after that is a car park for Tymon Park, and just after that is the turn in for St.Judes GAA. Just after that is St. Mac Dara's Community College.

All these are on the left hand side as you're approaching from the directions given above from the M50.

If you happen to be coming from town, come out through Rathmines, Rathgar, Terenure, Templeogue village, towards Tallaght, you will come to the Spawell roundabout mentioned in the M50 directions. If you're coming from town you want to take a right turn (to go along in front of the Spawell). The route from town is basically 'follow the road, no real turns etc.'

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

No chance of getting a friendly before the league kicks off Des?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

I'll be there, prob getting the bus

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I'll be there at 7.30 on Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I'll be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭bugs90

I'll be there at 7.30 Tuesday!

Where are you picking me up, and would you have room for one more if needed?

I finish work at 5.30...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Wobbler

I'll be there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭bugs90

seansouth wrote:
    Where are you picking me up, and would you have room for one more if needed?

I have a focus van...but if one of you doesn't mind hopping in the back I've no problem. You wouldn't be the first:D
    seansouth wrote:
    I finish work at 5.30...

What, are you looking for me to drive you around for 2 hours!?!?:p

I'll be in work til 7 and heading down then... its about 20/25 mins away allowing for traffic

anybody driving through town with room for one more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭kaizersoze123

screenhunter03apr101100rp3.th.gif

Is this where the pitch is?

From directions on astro.ie it's where i reckon it is, but am not sure.

"Proceed towards Harolds Cross and on towards Templeogue village.
    After crossing Templeogue Bridge, take the right turn for Tallaght.
    You will come to a round about at the Spawell Centre, last roundanout as you head towards the M50.
    Take the third exit, right turn, proceed for approx half a mile to St.
    Judes on the left hand side.
    There are two GAA clubs on the road, the other is Faughs, make sure you enter St.
    Judes. "

Iago wrote:
    anybody driving through town with room for one more?

Ill be coming through town, down the quays, up dame st, up georges st. That any good to you?

perfect. I'm working in Pearse Street but I'll meet you anywhere in the city centre that suits. So could meet you at d'olier street/dame street/georges street somewhere..

Ill be coming through town, down the quays, up dame st, up georges st. That any good to you?
    Can you fit another one after Gary? Can meet you anywhere you have mentioned (coming from pearse st)

And yeah that's the pitch alright. Here's a link to the map:
    http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&z=16&ll=53.295914,-6.32319&spn=0.006169,0.020084&t=h&om=1

Looks like the pitch near the top left of the map in that link, directly beside the words 'spawell golf and leisure centre'

I bags a lift back accross the city off Shay.

Anyone got Joe's number?

PM please...

Or JOE ARE YOU OUT THERE.

Where will I meet you?

I've sent you his no

• Advertisement

seansouth wrote:
    I bags a lift back accross the city off Shay.

DITTO!, or if anyone else is going past finglas village that would be great!

How are we for players Des?

There were fifteen at training on Sunday, one of the has pulled out through injury.

There's about three or four more going to be at the game.

We're ok for numbers for tonight.

LoBo wrote:
    Can you fit another one after Gary? Can meet you anywhere you have mentioned (coming from pearse st)

And yeah that's the pitch alright. Here's a link to the map:
    http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&z=16&ll=53.295914,-6.32319&spn=0.006169,0.020084&t=h&om=1

Looks like the pitch near the top left of the map in that link, directly beside the words 'spawell golf and leisure centre'

I'm picking Iago up at the centra shop on D'olier st at 6:30pm give or take a few minutes, if you want a lift you can meet him there!

Will do, PM'd you my mobile no

Advertisement