Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Call Out Mechanic (South Dublin?)

Options
  • 03-04-2007 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Seems the battery isn't the only problem with my van. I was trying to jump it again today but had no luck, was charging it the same way I was the last day but it just wouldn't work.

There's a horrible crunching sound and there are some small sparks down the back of the engine, nowhere near the battery and it looks like something has slipped down a bit and it looks like there should be a bolt connecting the two things. Both pieces are marked as if it slipped down (i.e. grease and dirt the shape of the thing in front on the bit at the back.

This isn't my van, but the bit that's loose is pointed out in the pic below, well not the piece itself, but where abouts it is on my van!

We recorded what was happening but of course the Sony camera needs a special connection! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

I can't afford a call out mechanic:( Don't even know if there are any around here.

fordtransitdiycheckingiis7.jpg

Could all this be because another part of the engine has lost a bolt? The engine can be quite rattly so it wouldn't surprise me.

Does anyone know of a call out mechanic that will only charge for the work done, and not a call out charge too. It may only need a new bolt so I don't want to have to dish out €100 for that.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Advertisement