Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegetarians and Cigarettes

• 03-04-2007 4:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

I dunno if this is going to sound incredibly stupid (which, more than likely, it will) - but can vegetarians smoke??

I have been hearing all kinds of stories lately; animal ingredients being used in the production line, being tested on animals etc. I have consulted my good friend Google, and some individual cigarette sites, but have found nothing substantial as of yet.

Info? Input? Anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

They are tested on animals, all of them as far as I know. I don't know if they contain any animal ingredients. Wouldn't be surprised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

yup, i heard that too; tested on animals.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Hmm, I've never come across a vegetarian who smoked beforehand anyway, must be pretty rare? No?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

:o

Just another reason to give them up I guess..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

I smoke. I shouldnt, but i do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

my brother and his fiancee live with me and they are veggies. they both smoke. they are both also quite pretentious about being vegetarians and shove their food morals down other peoples throats.

i smoke also..i used to be a vegetarian..from childhood until i was 12 or so.

my issue is..i get the food/health thing thrown at me constantly from them, yet they are glad to smoke twice as much as me..take drugs most weeks..lay around the house..are very lazy for healthy people..and are very dirty in the kitchen.

i hope the vegitarians i knew are not chaning into these people.

they are vegetarians becuase its now a trend and a image thing

Antigone05 wrote:
    my brother and his fiancee live with me and they are veggies. they both smoke. they are both also quite pretentious about being vegetarians and shove their food morals down other peoples throats.

i smoke also..i used to be a vegetarian..from childhood until i was 12 or so.

my issue is..i get the food/health thing thrown at me constantly from them, yet they are glad to smoke twice as much as me..take drugs most weeks..lay around the house..are very lazy for healthy people..and are very dirty in the kitchen.

i hope the vegitarians i knew are not chaning into these people.

they are vegetarians becuase its now a trend and a image thing

Sounds like your veggie friends have a superiority thing going on. They seem to think they're better than other people just cos they're veggie. They need to be taken down a peg or two!!

P.S This is coming from a veggie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

thank god! i dont dislike veggies. i dislike the pompus ones that i live with.

your not all bastards :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

Antigone05 wrote:
    your not all bastards :P

good to know :rolleyes:

Antigone, what made you decide to become a meat eater at 12?

• Advertisement

He said he was a veggie until he was 12

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

That's what moonbaby said...

Oops. I read the post wrong! Sorry Moonbaby!

Advertisement