Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repealing Results from Abroad

Options
  • 03-04-2007 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

So this is my sitiuation, I am almost positive that I will be spending all of my Summer after the leaving in France and Im just wondering what happens if I need to repeal a result while abroad.. Hopefully I wont need to but, just in case. On the skoool.ie website it says that delegating someone to view your papers is strictly forbidden, so Im kinda worried about that... Anyone know anything about this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

I'd say you're pretty much screwed there. Try and organise your holidays or whatever around the leaving results, instead of doing the opposite...

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

Looking for practical advice here, not criticism.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Under no circumstance can anyone do it for you. I'd say your best bet would be to get home if it's that urgent. You'll have at least 2 weeks notice anyhow.

So there's no way I could ask say my history teacher to go in and see what she thinks on her own, I'd have to be with her?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Exactly, AFAIK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭PeterMC

You must be there in Person to view your scripts. No one else can do this for you.

As for appeals, a form must be sent back after viewing the script detailing where you feel mistakes were made.

You must be there for it to happen. Was the first weekend of september last year if that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I always thought you cold appeal without viewing, that might still be an option. That way you don't need to be there, they don't even ened to take the script out of the envelope.

Mackleton wrote:
    Looking for practical advice here, not criticism.
    I wasn't criticising. I was merely suggesting you plan your holidays around when the results come out. If your holiday is already planned, then you could cut it short or something...

Il be working in France so popping home for a few days isnt really an option. At the same time I dont reckon Il need to have stuff checked coz I am going for arts and I got 480 in the pres so unless something goes drastically wrong I should be grand. Just in case of emergency.

Also I am in a fairly small school and priciple is sound out so maybe I could sort something out in May, just a thought.

What objection would the snail-eating, merde-shouting, wine-adoring, good people of France have towards you dodging home to look over papers in the most important exam in your life?

• Advertisement

Well Im coming back for the debs so I cant be hopping back and forth all the time, plus Im on a contract so it wouldnt look great to be asking for more time off. It probably wont come to any of this its just a what if scenario

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

You definetley have to view the script if you want to get it sent out for a re-check??

I thought you could send it out regardless of wether you'd seen it or not...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭shazzyshaz

lets get this straight....is it 'appealing' or 'repealing' results?? lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

It's appeal.

And it's one day, you could fly home the night before and fly back that evening.

You absolutely positively cannot get someone else to view your scripts for you, regardless of the size of your school or the soundness of your principal.

I really recommend viewing your scripts whether you're happy with your marks or not; it's the one chance you have to see how you did and occasionally mistakes are made even in little things like adding up marks, it's always good to check. Your LC results are probably going to be on your CV for a good while, it's worth bearing that in mind rather than just getting what you need for your college course.

ya thats what i thought...by the looks of it he/she WILL be appealing results!!:D ''repealing'' lol

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

You can appeal without checking them. Just send a parent up to ask for a form from the school.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Aye. Just appeal all the results and enjoy your holiday :).

Shazzyshaz that is an extremely ignorant attitude. I make one spelling mistake and automatically I will be appealing results. Bit of a sweeping generalisation when you have absolutely no idea of my capabilities isnt it? And for the record I achieved 150 more points than I need for my course in the mocks, so I highly doubt I will need to appeal. This thread was started for information for a "What if" scenario not ridiculous grammatical nit-picking. Get a life.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Hopefully you won't need to appeal, but if you do, you'll be able to.
    Don't worry about it - enjoy your time in France.

Thanks Spurious, appreciate that. So you can actually just send them back without seeing them? Thats comforting at least. Ive been seriously reconsidering my plans lately coz of this whole appealing thing but it whats been keeping me going, it would be really crap if I had to let go of my motivation now, when Im not even sure I would need the appeal facility. Although you would be running the risk of losing marks if you send back a paper you haven't seen..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Lets just hope for your sake that you dont repeal your results.

Well unless I change my number 1 choice to medicine or something (will never happen) Id say its a non-runner, but ar eagla na heagla, Im just keeping myself informed of my options

mackleton- boo you whore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

Mackleton wrote:
    Shazzyshaz that is an extremely ignorant attitude. I make one spelling mistake and automatically I will be appealing results. Bit of a sweeping generalisation when you have absolutely no idea of my capabilities isnt it? And for the record I achieved 150 more points than I need for my course in the mocks, so I highly doubt I will need to appeal. This thread was started for information for a "What if" scenario not ridiculous grammatical nit-picking. Get a life.

Well, tbh Mackleton, although it may have been a spelling mistake, you made the same mistake more than once, which left me not knowing how to answer your question, because I HONESTLY didn't know whether or not you meant:

if you needed to APPEAL or REPEAT.

Honestly.

Anyway, hope you don't need to do either.

Enjoy France!

shazzyshaz wrote:
    mackleton- boo you whore

Mmmm.....classy..

yeah go boozybabe! i wholeheartedly agree avec toi!:P but yeah have a good time in france, i'll be there too at our holiday home!but will come home for results.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭PeterMC

@ 37.50 a pop for each appeal...it would be cheaper to fly home & miss a day of work than appeal them all! ;)

dear enough, id recheck the papers myself for half that amount!! haha, well i would if i was qualified.

Okee dokee, soz for any crabbyness

(*Offers big hug for all)

So whats keeping everyone else going? Plans like meself or groups hols etc?

• Advertisement

thought of sitting in france in the blazing hot sun is pretty much keeping me going!! as well as being finished school, whish is unreal considering we've been there since we were 4/5!!!

Advertisement