Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox 360 noise?

• 03-04-2007 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭

Whats this thing you's are all saying about the noise it makes? Is it comparible to the original XBOX coz that was pretty loud but i never really had a problem with it anyways

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭johnnyflav

My reckoning is that it's as loud if not louder than the original, but I have a launch system which is the loudest 360, the latest models are supposed to be quiter, with better cooling and disc drive.

I've gotten used to it by now, and really don't even notice it anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The ''new'' models that will be produced using the .65nm manufacture die cast process are not out yet. Which WILL be cooler and therefor the fans can run slower and therefor quieter.

All the ones on the shelves are still using the .90nm process same as launch day systems and are thus all the same in the noise and heat department.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭DannyBZR

I find the 360 very noisy, by far the nosiest games console that I have ever owned

its louder than the xbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It is loud alright, my 360 is louder than my custom built gaming PC that a got a few months ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

doesnt most of the noise come from the disc drive and not the fans ??

ciano1 wrote:
    doesnt most of the noise come from the disc drive and not the fans ??
    It does but even when mine is running with out a disc the noise from it drowns out my PC :eek: and i thought it was loud.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,816 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I find it really loud. It does get drowned out by the game noise but it really is the noisiest console ever. Only the dreamcast comes close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,636 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Only the dreamcast comes close.

Now that is one noisy machine !!...........still loved it though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

The ''new'' models that will be produced using the .65nm manufacture die cast process are not out yet. Which WILL be cooler and therefor the fans can run slower and therefor quieter.

All the ones on the shelves are still using the .90nm process same as launch day systems and are thus all the same in the noise and heat department.

The new ones are using a new DVD drive which is a lot quieter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

hellboy99 wrote:
    its louder than the xbox.

A lot louder than the xbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

my mate got one recently and it is far far quieter than my launch system
    in fact its probably quieter than the original xbox too!

Advertisement