Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3pay data add-on using as a modem issues

• 03-04-2007 7:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

Has anyone successfully used their 3pay (pay as you go) phone with the mobile broadband add-on as a bluetooth modem on ther mac or pc?

this is what i do:
    1)connect to phone and connects fine via bluetooth
    2)fire up the safari browser
    3)click on the boards.ie mobiles/pda bookmark
    4)it fires up the download manager and downloads the .php file below,cant open either.
    I'ved tried different websites and does the same..really strange!

Ive noticed that websites go through a 3ireland server called www.widerweb.net , this may have something to do with it?

I also came to a page with mobile broadband settings(where you set to load images etc,max size of image,size of page to be loaded etc)by chance and dont know how to get back to it,it just appeared whilst loading a page.

thanks in advance
    damo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I'd say you're spot on, www.widerweb.net is messing things up. :(

Have you tried connecting to any secure sites, for example https://www.amazon.com ? If they don't load, I'd say there's something wrong with 3 rather than on your end. Also try checking your email in Outlook or Mail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

aye,thats what think too,have you been using yours as a modem?
    mail and msn messenger doesnt work...another half arsed service from 3(sigh).

have a 2 pics below on what happening:

1st pic:
    shows the web address (ignore authorisation failure heading,thats something else)

2nd pic:
    shows what happens next

damo

It's definitely a 3 network problem, nothing to do with your configuration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

I am told that MSN Messenger is launching on Thursday.

culabula wrote:
    I am told that MSN Messenger is launching on Thursday.

O2 already launched Windows Live Messenger as a nice little Java applet a while ago (at least on their i-mode handsets like the K610im), and it's currently free. 3 are hardly pioneers if they're only launching it now.

• Advertisement

Just realised, seems I can get X-series right now on 3UK on any of my handsets for 8€! Hooray!

Well, I had no idea about any of this widerweb stuff: when I discovered the availability of X-series for all in the UK last night, I came across this exchange on a British 3G forum.

Q: "Does three's internet still go through the proxy three.widerweb.net? As it's really annoying! I still don't feel like it's propper internet"

A: "You only go thru that proxy if you are on PAYG..."

Please note none of the spelling errors are mine! :-) But feel free to replace proxy by poxy.....

O2 already launched Windows Live Messenger as a nice little Java applet a while ago (at least on their i-mode handsets like the K610im), and it's currently free. 3 are hardly pioneers if they're only launching it now.

Yes, I have had it on 3UK for about 6 months so makes no difference to me. As for 3 Ireland, sure didn't they only launch "My 3" about 5 minutes ago? Ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I want to change from Meteor. As I am getting an N95 sim free I want to get mobile broadband. I take it I can't get a three sim on its own so I'll opt for a 3pay option as I'm going to wait until I see O2's 3g offering before taking out a contract.

So just to be clear - how do you get the mobile broadband add on on a 3pay - do you automatically have to buy an extra €20 credit each month?

Also can I transfer my meteor 085 number to a 3pay sim and then if I decide in a few months, transfer it again to O2?

Advertisement