Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless network adaptor/ Magnet

• 03-04-2007 8:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭

Hey,
    Just got the xbox wireless adaptor, and I'm having trouble getting my xbox to connect to my router. I'm using the bog standard one you get from Magnet. When I do a connection test in system, it stalls at the IP address and says "connection failed". Do I have to change any settings on the router, or put in any info through the system dashboard?
    Any help or advice appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭Ryaller

Nobody?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Ryaller wrote:
    Hey,
    Just got the xbox wireless adaptor, and I'm having trouble getting my xbox to connect to my router. I'm using the bog standard one you get from Magnet. When I do a connection test in system, it stalls at the IP address and says "connection failed". Do I have to change any settings on the router, or put in any info through the system dashboard?

Are you sure that the security password you have on your routers wireless is input correctly into the 360? Does your router filter hardware addresses?

Are you sure that the security password you have on your routers wireless is input correctly into the 360? Does your router filter hardware addresses?

I'm not sure of anything! I haven't a clue about any of this... worked fine when I was using a cable direct. How do I find this information? If I ring Magnet, will they have a clue what I'm talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Grayarea

On the bottom of the magnet router is the password you need for the WEP encription, IRC it is in bracket like this [2837636279]

Once you have it right the wireless LED will come on and stay on. If it only lights up occationally then the WEP password is wrong.

Later,

Thanks Greyarea,
    Do I put this code into the system area on the dashboard? The led light seems to be constantly on at the moment. I'll check this when I get home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Grayarea

Ryaller wrote:
    Thanks Greyarea,
    Do I put this code into the system area on the dashboard? The led light seems to be constantly on at the moment. I'll check this when I get home.

I have a magnet modem but my 360 is wired so I cannot tell you where to put the key in the dashboard.

Just look for somthing mentioning WEP / password / key in the dashboard.

Later,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

In the network settings page on the 360 (On the system setup blade) did you scan for your network?

I managed to get this working - had to ring Magnet for the WEP key.
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 acs 1

Ryaller wrote:
    Hey,

Yeah i have the same problem with connecting a PSP and PS3 to a wireless MAGNET telsey router, I know the WEP key is correct but it still tells me the attempt to obtain the IP address timed out.

Advertisement