Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car "keyed" Beware

Options
  • 03-04-2007 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭

Parked my car in Donaghmede Drive today to get DART into work ,residents on this road not happy with people doing this but no choice ,I parked at the bottom of the road away from houses and returned to find my 2 week old car with 2 pararell very deep scratches completely around the car a neighbour came out and told me I was taking a chance parking there as the residents are really anti parking ,so BEWARE do not park on this road as damage to my car will run into the thousands ,my fellow neighbours hang your heads in shame

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭astraboy

Keying a car is one of the lowest cowardly things a person can do. Why did they feel they had a right to do this? Why did someone not just have a word with you when you returned or left a letter on your windscreen? Its nasty, maybe you could buff out the scratches if they are not too deep?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,985 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Ouch.

I can understand the anger on the part of the residents somewhat. I certainly wouldn't like my street turned into a park&ride. Although what would someone do if they had friends visiting or whatever and the friends found their car scratched when they left the house?

I would have just painted double yellow lines under the car and had the council tow it away ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

scumbags....

we have a few people who park on our road and walk to work in the city centre, but it's ok because they're a son and granddaughter of residents...even still if they weren't vandalising their cars isn't something that's going to happen to them.

is your car a fairly nice shiny expensive on that someone could be jealous of???

all the same...my stomach sinks for you...I guess yours did too when you saw it!!!

*edit spelling and grammar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭ALS

afraid I cannot buff them out as they are too deep ,down to the metal , I can also understand the frustration of residents but there is NO excuse for damage like this in my opinion whoever done this is very very sick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

at the end of the day nobody owns the road, but dublin corporation or whatever. If the locals doesn't like it then sell and buy somwhere else.

It's sick to see people doing that to cars. Have a word I say with the drivers, or take it to the streets, but don't touch people properties.

If something like that would happen to my car I don't know what I will do but I'll make sure they will remember me.

F****** idiots.

• Advertisement

word of advice, don't get a cheap repair jo done for the sake of a few hundred quid, depending on the car i'd go so far as to say full body respray

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

.... and then park it in the same place, but keep an eye on it and break his legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Alot of people around Donaghmede are having problems with the local roads being used as car parks for people using the Dart. With the amount of space over the far side of the station they should've built some sort of parking facility for users within the station upgrade program.
    I don't live in the area but I've a friend on St.Donaghs rd right across from the station and I hear the daily moan about cars parked here and there.He's even had people park across his driveway.:confused:
    There's absolutely no excuse to key someone's car after all it's a public road. It's the lowest thing you could do to someone's car. Hope it doesn't cost too much to get sorted.
    Just to let people know,if you're parking around the circular green at the end of Donaghs rd keep all four wheels on the road.Even though there are no double yellow lines around it,if the clampers pay a visit which they do, they clamp any car with two wheels on the footpath. A few months back they clamped 18:eek: cars parked with two wheels on the path(and a few on double yellows.)

Brought car to relative in the trade reckons 3500 -4000 as car is only 2 weeks and scratches total 38 feet in total , around the car front to back and across the bonnet. complete respray

ALS wrote:
    Brought car to relative in the trade reckons 3500 -4000 as car is only 2 weeks and scratches total 38 feet in total , around the car front to back and across the bonnet. complete respray

Yikes...nasty:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

OMFG:eek: :eek: that's not nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

ALS wrote:

Scumbags of the highest degree. I feel bad when i get a chip so i feel your pain. There is no need for people to do that to your car.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Go some night and key every car on the road. Hope you reported it to the Gardaí, its criminal damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Rew wrote:
    Go some night and key every car on the road. Hope you reported it to the Gardaí, its criminal damage.
    Were these two sentences written by the same person?

OP - Sorry to hear that. Is vandalism covered under your insurance?

Rew wrote:
    huh:confused::confused::confused:

oxymoron or just the second part

Did report it to the Gardai but not too hopeful , very expensive lesson , will get in touch with insurance today hope I am covered, thanks for the messages of support lads

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭easyontheeye

a serious can of whoop ass would be opened if i caught someone doing that :cool: !! resevoir dogs would be a fairytale compared with the violence that would be inflicted on that scumbag!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Any CCTV around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Sorry to hear man, scumbaggery of the highest order, I'd say it was done by someone who doesn't own a car, never will and probably has everything they ever got handed to them by the state.

If your stuck for places to park I would recommend Raheny or Sutton Dart stations, usually plenty of spaces in Sutton upto 7.45 in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

May as well add to this thread by mentioning that two weeks ago twelve cars parked along Station Road in Portmarnock all had a number of tyres slashed during the day. This area is also notorious for angst between residents and commuters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,251 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

ALS wrote:
    Parked my car in Donaghmede Drive today to get DART into work ,residents on this road not happy with people doing this but no choice ,I parked at the bottom of the road away from houses and returned to find my 2 week old car with 2 pararell very deep scratches completely around the car a neighbour came out and told me I was taking a chance parking there as the residents are really anti parking ,so BEWARE do not park on this road as damage to my car will run into the thousands ,my fellow neighbours hang your heads in shame

So you could be one of the residents of that area trying to warn people off :)
    Wouldn't it be best for the residents just to get double yellow lines on the road or make the area a parking permit area only?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭sk8board

In clonsilla last year, a lot of cars were key'ed on the side-roads in one day (looked like the entire row of cars). War ensued that evening, as everyone got the Guards. They could do nothing unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,381 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Rew wrote:
    Go some night and key every car on the road

Eh don't...

If residents don't like commuters parking in their streets, they should go through the appropriate channels. As astraboy said, keying a car is a cowardly thing to do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Utter scumbag wasters....

I love the way people in a public estate think they can lay claim to the road they live on as well as their house. They can't. You have as much legal entitlement to park there as anyone else.

If it's a private development then obviously it would be a different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,381 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Duckjob wrote:
    I love the way people in a public estate think they can lay claim to the road they live on as well as their house. They can't. You have as much legal entitlement to park there as anyone else

Exactly. Now I wouldn't be best pleased if commuters started to park in my street. But one could always lobby the council for residential parking permits, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

How about having a couple of Thousand volts running through the cars bodywork?
    As soon as your nice insulating paint job is penetrated with a good old metalic key, The amature vigalanty parking warden will no doubt be relocated with great haste away from your vehicle, through any nearby brick wall and land in somebodys garden.

Still too good for the fecker
    :mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Anan1 wrote:
    Were these two sentences written by the same person?

Bit over tiered when I wrote that last night.

It may have happend before and each incident needs to be reported so that if the scumbag who did it keeps doing it hopefully the Gardaí will do somthing about it.

I would imagine (I dont know the area) that neigbours would have a good idea who did it, hence my none to sympathetic (to the neighbours) first sentence. I would also doubt its the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

That's a B*stard thing to do to someones car. While I can understand residents fustration at cars parking all day in their estates and the problems that they cause, nobody has the right to cause criminial damage to someone elses property.
    I would also add the people that just park in other residential areas, because it is "Handy" for getting the Dart, Train, Bus etc, are leaving their cars open to damage. Kids playing after school, Bin men trying to get the truck through etc. And then there is the issue of an ambulance or Fire Engine needing to get past. Can people not get a bus or lift to these stations / bus stops?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

Rew wrote:
    I would imagine (I dont know the area)

Its a kipp, That drug dealer was executed down the road only a one or two years ago. Normally the neighbours leave nasty letters on cars, must've really resented an '07 car on their estate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Feck me. €4k damage.:eek:
    They coulda reported you if you were obstructing their residence, but even that wouldnt be so bad cos a clamp is €80 or a parkin fine about €60.

It's amazing how low some assholes will go.:rolleyes:

Advertisement