Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car "keyed" Beware

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭ALS

Brought the car into the repair shop to get estimate for insurance and when I mentioned it happened in Donaghmede the guy knew which road and exactly which spot on the road as my car was the third into his garage over the past few weeks,this is a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

ALS wrote:
    when I mentioned it happened in Donaghmede the guy knew which road and exactly which spot on the road as my car was the third into his garage over the past few weeks,

If it is a public road and you went to the gards with the evidence that cars have been repeatadly damaged there would that be grounds for even a temporary CCTV camera to be set up?

I know i might be giving the boys in blue a bit too much credit, but it would be nice to see some speed cam revenue going somewhere..

Just off the phone to Northside News they are going to run a feature next week sending out a photographer later to capture damage ,might push the gardai to follow it up a bit..

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

Good idea man, that'll certainly focus more attention on it. I had tyres slashed for parking in an estate before, and I was raging. I can only imagine how you feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

ALS wrote:
    Just off the phone to Northside News they are going to run a feature next week sending out a photographer later to capture damage ,might push the gardai to follow it up a bit..

The Herald might get more publicity!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭MarkN

Someone on that road needs to be taken out and beaten up and down that road (once it's the right person!!) IMO.

Get onto Joe Duffy & Liveline.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

ALS wrote:
    Brought the car into the repair shop to get estimate for insurance and when I mentioned it happened in Donaghmede the guy knew which road and exactly which spot on the road as my car was the third into his garage over the past few weeks,this is a disgrace.

maybe it was him!

<joke>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Mike07

Get Joe Duffy on the case :D

My sympathies-- I got a 6 inch scratch last week and was devastated

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

kerbdog wrote:
    Wouldn't it be best for the residents just to get double yellow lines on the road or make the area a parking permit area only?

Had a look today at the road in question,only left hand side of the road has a single yellow line down it's length with "No Parking 08.30-18.30"signs at the top, middle and bottom of the road. Don't think the spot down the end of the road had any markings and isn't outside or blocking anyones driveway. Perfectly legal spot to park IMO. Strangely enough there wasn't one car parked on the road today.
    Hope you get somewhere with this ALS, you're right not to let this go unnoticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

MarkN wrote:
    Someone on that road needs to be taken out and beaten up and down that road (once it's the right person!!) IMO.

Get onto Joe Duffy & Liveline.

I don't think the op is 100% sure it was a local resident

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

The cars parked on our road were all keyed last night, including my own. Didn't realise it could cost as much to repair. Hopefully mine isn't as expensive as the OP. It is very deep though :eek: Gardai dusted for prints but obviously they didn't touch the car with their hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭astraboy

What area of Cork are you in Homah?

Glad to hear the Gardai took your complaint seriously,I rang Cooloc Gardai and was told they were too busy to respond could I call to them ,wwhen I did the guy barely raised an eyebrow and i had to ask him a couple of times to leave the station and look at the extent of the damage to my car,all I got was it has been noted for insurance purposes and a shrug of the shoulders ...

ALS wrote:
    Glad to hear the Gardai took your complaint seriously,I rang Cooloc Gardai and was told they were too busy to respond could I call to them ,wwhen I did the guy barely raised an eyebrow and i had to ask him a couple of times to leave the station and look at the extent of the damage to my car,all I got was it has been noted for insurance purposes and a shrug of the shoulders ...

3 words

Garda-Complaints-Commission!!!!

Seriously...it's there and so few people use it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

ALS wrote:

Not an excuse but i know a Garda in that station and they are normally mental busy, so much so that they regualrly have to pull cars from Santry and Swords and even at that cannt cover everything.

I have experienced the prick behind the counter syndrome as well and its none to pleasent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Seinas

my jeep was keyed a few weeks ago............jealous b***ards :(:(

i compounded it and its gone now thank god.......my friend gave me some stuff and said not to use too much of it because it was very expensive, i looked at it afterwards, turned out it came from Lidl :rolleyes: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

ninty9er wrote:

What exactly can the Garda do apart from be sympathetic? The car is damaged, the perpetrator is gone, and even if the car was covered in fingerprints, it won't be of much use.

maidhc wrote:
    What exactly can the Garda do apart from be sympathetic? The car is damaged, the perpetrator is gone, and even if the car was covered in fingerprints, it won't be of much use.

The Garda didn't even want to leave the station to see the damage outside in the carpark.

Pure lack of will to do his job...if he got a boot up the arse from above he might take the crime more seriously next time. Pure laziness shouldn't be tolerated!!!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

ninty9er wrote:
    3 words

Do you mean the "Garda Complaints Board" or the "Garda Ombudsman". The website of the latter suggests that it investigates "misbehaviour" and not laziness...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Bee

To resolve these ongoing issues any future gov must provide free park and ride facilities.

Dublin City Council are a disgrace for forcing people to use public transport whilst failing to provide park and ride facilities

Of course they do provide free major car parks for themselves!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

my mam lives in the drive and what you did "conveniently neglect to mention" is that where you did park (down at the curvey bit) there are two large no parking signs on both sides of the road (and the road isn't that wide so you would have seen at least one of em) and a big fuck off yellow line going down the whole row of 30 houses put there by the corpo (as they have done all around the donaghmede area such is the problem with parked cars for the dart now) so you've no excuse at all for parking where you did.

they are a bunch of narky bastards down the end of the road but knowing them all very well i REALLY doubt they would have keyed your car (particularly given they're all old couples). what is far , far more likely is one of the kids hanging about the field or one of the many people who walk by the end of the road keyed it
    Rew wrote:
    Go some night and key every car on the road. Hope you reported it to the Gardaí, its criminal damage.

you sir are a grade A idiot
    Tipsy Mac wrote:
    I'd say it was done by someone who doesn't own a car, never will and probably has everything they ever got handed to them by the state.

defo no-one from the drive then thats for sure
    Keith C wrote:
    Its a kipp, That drug dealer was executed down the road only a one or two years ago. Normally the neighbours leave nasty letters on cars, must've really resented an '07 car on their estate.

its a perfectly fine area bar the gurriers up at the shopping centre late at night and actually no he wasnt on that road it was up by howth view park and the guy and the shooter weren't from the area from what i know.you obviously dont know the area at all either because the drive itself has about 20 '07 and other '06 reg'd from clios to mercs / beemers. in fact the whole area in donaghmede has plenty of new cars. know this is completely irrelecant but retarded comments such as Keith C's really piss me off

First of all, if care to read my post you will realise I never said that one of the residents done my car, your right there is a normal yellow line down one side of the road not any bigger or wider than any other line I ever saw but in your esteemed opinion it is a"big **** off line " so I bow to your superior knowledge and there is no signs at the bottom of the street only 4 designated parking spaces so I don't need an excuse to park here as pay my motor tax and can use the roads of Ireland as much as I want as long as it is legal to do so, narky bastards or not......

but you did implicitly imply it was residents which is the same thing in my book

also , by big fuck off line i meant the yellow line that goes the full length from around the corner off and all along donaghmede road right down to where you parked and where the signs are. actually out of curiousity when you parked down the end where the six traffic cones that usually stop anyone from parking there present?

i'll make sure to take a pic of the signs later on and post em up here for your own future reference becuase like i said theres two of them (not including the one at the top of the road) :):)

Miju you are correct in saying there is two signs on the street but they are on the same side one at the top the other at the bottom both say there is no parking BETWEEN these signs Mon -Fri and they each have an arrow facing each other !
    The area at the bottom of the street ANYBODYIis entitled to park in as long as they observe the rules of the road inc residents if they need to so please get your facts right before you make inaccurate posts , what is illegal and dangerous is residents placing privately owned traffic cones onto publicly owned roads in order to stop people from parking.
    Again I never said it was the residents that done this to my car asnd I sincerely hope it was'nt as I grew up in this part of Dublin and I would hate to think that the area is so bad now that people are taking the law into theie own hands no mattter how narky they are.
    There is no point in you and me bitching against each other on boards.ie as this will get us no where and frankly I could'nt be bothered

i'm not bitchin man. it was an incredibly poxy thing to be done to your car. the yellow line runs around the curve at the end of the road so the parking restriction applies there as well.

point i was making was you shouldnt have parked there in the first place thats all :)

lets get the facts out miju ,is there any yellow lines at the bottom of the street ,yes or no
    Do the residents place cones on a public road blocking off parts of the street , yes or no
    Was i parked ilegally , yes or no
    Have I got the right to drive onto this street or has it suddenly become a private road
    Was I blocking anybodys house or entrance to anybodys entrance to their homes
    Stick to the facts Miju not what you might or might not remember from yours mothers road.
    I have been in touch with the corpo and they agree I was entitled to park there and yesterday the Gardai agreed so its not really up to me ,you or the residents i'm afraid

ALS wrote:
    is there yellow lines on the end of the road
    YES
    ALS wrote:
    do the residents place cones there

YES because people have been ignoring the lines which you have perfectly demonstrated
    ALS wrote:
    was i parked there illegally

well if you work normal hours mon-fri and i presume you do then YES
    ALS wrote:
    Have I got the right to drive onto this street or has it suddenly become a private road ?

i didnt say you didnt have to right to drive on the road. parking there when theres restrictions in place is different though
    ALS wrote:
    Stick to the facts Miju not what you might or might not remember from yours mothers road

lived there for 24 years up until six months ago and am regularly there every week so my memory is perfectly fresh thanks
    ALS wrote:
    I have been in touch with the corpo and they agree I was entitled to park there and yesterday the Gardai agreed so its not really up to me ,you or the residents i'm afraid

well theres two fronts in which i can tell you that your talking absolute balls.

firstly are you trying to tell me the corpo painted a yellow line , put up a sign saying no parking between certain times and yet they tell that its legal to park there with restrictions in place , LMFAO

secondly, with regards to the garda your talking complete and utter shite . for starters i'll direct you to here for starters (have a look half way down page) then of course there is the Road Traffic (Signs) Regulations , 1997 Act , Section 14 on the Irish statute book which clearly states

14. Traffic sign number RRM 007 shall—

(a) indicate that parking of vehicles is restricted at certain times on that side of the roadway, and

(b) consist of a continuous yellow line approximately 100 millimetres wide extending along the edge of a roadway and situated approximately 300 millimetres from that edge.

you might like to think your entitled to park where you want but the rules of the road are there for all not for you to pick and choose when it suits you public road or not

Again I bow to your inferior knowledge but I think you really should have another look at the signs and calm down and try to act rationally not try to defend the indefensible .
    I you want we could meet up down there and you can point out these mysterious yellow lines and road signs that only exist in the residents eyes because at 1:15 today they were not there I'm sorry but I went around to check Miju.
    Your fighting your corner well Miju but don't you think you are only lowering your self to the level of the scum who done this and I am sure you are above this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

A photo is all that needed if you are both there so often...

• Advertisement

ALS wrote:
    Again I bow to your inferior knowledge but I think you really should have another look at the signs and calm down and try to act rationally not try to defend the indefensible .

i havent tried to defend anything i was just pointing out some inaccuracies
    ALS wrote:
    I you want we could meet up down there and you can point out these mysterious yellow lines and road signs that only exist in the residents eyes because at 1:15 today they were not there I'm sorry but I went around to check Miju.

well hang on earlier on you said you saw the signs now you saying you didnt??? tell you what rather than me wasting the petrol driving down there i'll get my sis to stick her head out the front door and take pics of the bottom of the road and text me them so i can bang em up here
    ALS wrote:
    Your fighting your corner well Miju but don't you think you are only lowering your self to the level of the scum who done this and I am sure you are above this

lowering myself??? no not at all. as i already said it was a poxy thing to happen i just take exception with people thinking there are entitled to ignore signs / lines and parking where they want as you seem to think you can.

Advertisement