Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

adjusting lights

Options
  • 03-04-2007 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm just wondering how can I adjust the headlights on a '02 Fiat Punto. They seem quite low because they were adjusted for an NCT last year.

Now, if they are set like this for NCT, would it be wrong to re-adjust them or is it legal to adjust them? If it is the second, do I need to get a professional to adjust them or can I do it myself?

Cheers.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Adjusters are on the headlamp unit. But unless you've got something to aim them at you are better off getting it done by someone who has a headlamp alignment tool. Try Advance Tyres - they do this for a reasonable charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

Before you go adjusting anything check the headlight adjuster on the dash. it's 2 little buttons to the left of the speedo, one plus the other minus. Theres a readout on the dash which should read 0. Any number above that means the load compensator has been adjusted down which drops the lights !

Advertisement