Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hot water from outside tap

Options
  • 03-04-2007 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

hi
    anyone ever heard of an outside tap being plumbed to hot water,this is what my builder did.maybe it is for watering the plants in the winter!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,143 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I dont think this query into one individual part of a pluming system is relevant to this forum so I will move it to DIY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 wornout

they also plumbed the bath taps the wrong way around.but worst of all they plumbed the showers hot to cold and vise versa which meant breaking tiles off the walls and digging out cement to expose the pipes and reverse them.how can these guys operate with so much impunity and we all have to suffer the consequences?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Sounds like a fundamental fúck up to me. Looks like they mistook hot for cold and vice-versa. Get them to rectify it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

Hope you didn't pay them. Problem can probably be solved by swapping connections in attic or hotpress.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

wornout wrote:
    maybe it is for watering the plants in the winter!

That has to be the funniest OP I've read on this forum. Thanks for the laugh.

Sorry I can't help you. I hope you have retention or that the builder is going to take the cost of changes on the chin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

crosstownk wrote:
    Sounds like a fundamental fúck up to me. Looks like they mistook hot for cold and vice-versa.
    Nothing gets past you Detective Crosstown does it.

thats another thing i have no tank in the attic or hot press,was told i wouldn't need them with a condensing boiler.any comments as i am not a plumber

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

He did it because plants grow much faster when you water them with hot water.

The Greenhouse effect!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

wornout wrote:
    thats another thing i have no tank in the attic or hot press,was told i wouldn't need them with a condensing boiler.any comments as i am not a plumber
    unless its a combi condensing boiler then you will still need a hot tank.
    In a combi boiler it heats all the hot water for the house on demand.

Depending the taps in the bathroom you might just be able to change the knobs or even the bit that says "H" or "C".

We have the same problem in our 2nd hand ensuite shower. Pretty stupid of them but Im not going to change it until I do up the ensuite.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,414 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

GreeBo wrote:
    unless its a combi condensing boiler then you will still need a hot tank.
    In a combi boiler it heats all the hot water for the house on demand.

Depending the taps in the bathroom you might just be able to change the knobs or even the bit that says "H" or "C".

We have the same problem in our 2nd hand ensuite shower. Pretty stupid of them but Im not going to change it until I do up the ensuite.
    well for safety reasons the hot and cold belong on the left and right respectively.
    the last section of these pipes is often flexible and shouldn't be too hard to switch around.
    but you could end up wasting alot of heated water with the outdoor tap

• Advertisement

yes is a combi condensing boiler so maybe i'm okay,as regards the taps they are loose as well,so will have to take off more tiles,getting used to it though.pain in the ass.by the way the waste is in centre of the bath and the taps are at the end,should they not be over thr waste?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

by the way the waste is in centre of the bath and the taps are at the end,should they not be over the waste?

I thought tubs designed with a central plug hole were to allow your best friend to be sitting at one end of the bath while you can be sitting at the other end, with neither of you sitting on the plug!!!! :) ......

of course, if someone forgot to put the taps in the centre of the bath then it rather screws up the concept because one of you is going to have two taps stuck in their back ...... :(

thought so, however she won't get into the bath with me anymore.bubbles etc.so suppose i'll have to live with it!

Advertisement