Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows Vista - No sound from headphones

• 03-04-2007 9:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭

I have installed windows vista but now have no audio from headphone jacks. Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

what motherboard? do you have onboard sound or a standalone soundcard? need some more info on your setup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭tvr

Sigmatel running on Intel I have just tried to install the new drivers from Dell for Sigmatel and Realtek but have had no joy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Vista will usually default your audio output to SPDIF (Digital Output). Go to the speakers icon in the lower right of the screen and disable SPDIF, then set speakers and headphones to default. You can also try the following: Go to Start > Run and type in services.msc. Stop and restart both of the windows audio services listed and reboot. Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

You may want to try these Sigmatel drivers as well they are for the Sigmatel HD audio 92xx series running Vista 32/64-bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Don't forget Vista allows individual control over volume in each application. Perhaps it's turned down completely for the one you're using. To check, double click on the speaker in the system tray and open the mixer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Mine is saying No Audio output device installed?

Its a Dell inspiron 6400 running vista basic. Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Mine is saying No Audio output device installed?

Its a Dell inspiron 6400 running vista basic. Any ideas?

Install these drivers they are for the type of audio in your notebook or use the ones Dell provide.

Advertisement