Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portable DVD Players

Options
  • 03-04-2007 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

What do ye think of these? Was thinking of getting one for the ferry journey and car journey from Pembroke to Stansted, as trip will be round 51/2 hrs incl stops. Dont want to give them a bad habit either though...........they might expect the player for every 10 min journey too:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

I have 2 portable dvd players. One is a Panasonic LS50 and the other is a Toshiba SD-P2800.

The Toshiba is top of the range and is amazing. You can view the screen at very tight angles whilst the Panasonic you have to be viewing straight on to see anything!

Toshiba also plays divx and xvid is a handy option!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

thanks, but sounds like Toshiba is not for me as i couldn't afford it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Anyone know any cheapo (but decent) ones that play DivX?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

If you do go for one I'd suggest Argos. I have an old Panasonic which cost lots and had an excellent screen. The cheaper units don't have such a good screen and can be damn noisy so it's handy to go to Argos buy the unit and send it back if it's too noisy or poor screen.

Advertisement