Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mobile broadband on a 'Pay as you go' account

• 03-04-2007 10:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

Just wondering is it possible to sign up for either boardband service from Three or Vodafone with a prepay account? Im looking at getting the Nokia N95 soon and with its built in HSDPA im curious about the mobile broadband thing.

Btw, Im on Vodafone payg at the mo.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I dont think so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Bummer

I sent a e-mail to vodafone about this subject and they sent this back to me

"Thank you for contacting us with your query. Please accept our
    apologies for the delay in responding to your query.

Unfortunately, at the moment we have no plans to introduce special
    tariff for 3G Broadband
    I have passed on your query to our marketing department to take your
    suggestion on board."

So This might take a while but i would be very handy to have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

You can, on 3pay. I asked a 3 official yesterday this very question and he confirmed, yes, it can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

culabula wrote:
    You can, on 3pay. I asked a 3 official yesterday this very question and he confirmed, yes, it can be done.

Anymore info on this would be great as I am waiting on an n95 and hope data charges arnt goin cost me a fortune as i am not on bill.

What other info? Details of the three broadband add-ons are on the Three website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

You can use the mobile broadband on 3pay. As far as I can tell all you get is proxied HTTP connection and not much else. Oh and you have "verify" your age by bringing some ID into a Three store or else you can't access anything outside of their "supported" sites.

It's nice to have but I think it's too expensive for what you get. It's 6.99 for 100mb or 30 days so you basically have to pay that much a month every month if you only want to access the odd site. Ironically under their older offering you could buy access in half hour and hour chunks which was much more convenient.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Compared to data charges on other networks that is a great deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

how does one go about about accessing broadband from their mobile to laptop on 3 pay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

Compared to data charges on other networks that is a great deal.

That would surely depend on how much you use it. If you only want to use it from time to time it's not good at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

sharper wrote:
    That would surely depend on how much you use it. If you only want to use it from time to time it's not good at all.

only need it to download a file at a sporting event 500 kb file

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Has anyone tried to use the mobile BB on 3pay for accessing

m.gmail.com for checking Gmail with the simplified page?

Not sure if they use https here? Or will https work now on 3pay mobile BB?

flodis79 wrote:
    Has anyone tried to use the mobile BB on 3pay for accessing

m.gmail.com for checking Gmail with the simplified page?

Not sure if they use https here? Or will https work now on 3pay mobile BB?

Just download the dedicated app at gmail.com/app using your phone's broswer. It's the one send/receive that DOES work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

culabula wrote:
    Just download the dedicated app at gmail.com/app using your phone's broswer. It's the one send/receive that DOES work.

Working on 3pay? Strange, I thought that app was transferring data over https?

I can't say for sure, but I have downloaded the app for a variety of my handsets from all manufacturers. It works on each and every one of them, bypassing any restrictions from either 3 Ireland or 3 UK. For example configuring gMail won't work with the eMail app on a given handset using my dataSIM, but will work immediately using the dedicated app from gMail. You might as well try it, it's free to download.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

on their website they only allow you to select the mobile broadband add-on if you select a pay monthly plan or a pay monthly handset.

has anyone subscribed who is prepay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

It is definately available as an add on on 3Pay but there does seem to be far more restrictions that the post-paid version.

Can anyone confirm does VOIP eg skype, work with the 3Pay version?

Is anyone in a position to ask 3 CC if this limited 'proxied' version is going to remain for some time or become more like the post paid version?

Advertisement