Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tracking NCT question

Options
  • 03-04-2007 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭

I got my tracking done on Saturday as my NCT is on Friday.
    Then last night when i was parking on my road I knocked the car against the curb :rolleyes: and the tracking is gone back out a little.

I just want to know how fussy are they about the tracking? Shes just pulling a little to the left. Do they give you a bit of room or are they really strict? Dont want to get it done again unless I have to

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

if you can feel its pulling the likelihood of it passing is slim.

although i have seen some astonishingly bad cars passing from Ballymun recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Check your tyre pressures first - if you hit hard enough to put the tracking off, you might have damaged a tie-rod. But some air most likely got out of the tyre after the collision!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

land9 wrote:
    Check your tyre pressures first - if you hit hard enough to put the tracking off, you might have damaged a tie-rod. But some air most likely got out of the tyre after the collision!

I didnt really hit it that hard, it was really just the angle i hit it at i think. I'll check my air pressure anyway.

Its not going to much to the left eg the steering wheel is about 3/4 of an inch off centre to go straight if you know what i mean!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭pwee

forget about the steering wheel, when u take your hands of the wheel how bad does it pull? take road camber in to account(most roads will pull your car left). As for the nct the give you a tolerance of i think +14,-14 on the alignment. Mine came in at -9 and yes it pulls a bit to the left so you might be ok. Gud luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I knocked my car off the kerb the first time I drove it - now the power steering's leaking and allegedly I have to get the whole steering rack replaced :mad:

It passed the NCT fine though :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

pwee wrote:
    forget about the steering wheel, when u take your hands of the wheel how bad does it pull? take road camber in to account(most roads will pull your car left). As for the nct the give you a tolerance of i think +14,-14 on the alignment. Mine came in at -9 and yes it pulls a bit to the left so you might be ok. Gud luck.

Thanks Pwee. I didnt know of this road camber thing. Its not desperate but if we were in a straight line and i let go of the sterring wheel i'd hit the kerb fairly soon. Im going to chance my arm at it anyway! I'll leave the reciept for the tracking on the passenger seat :D

Advertisement