Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there such a thing as ......

Options
  • 03-04-2007 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭

... a radio that can pick up wirless broadband and can be tuned to internet radio stations or web audio feeds.

Was thinking about this when I wanted to listen to some sports commentary from USA but away from the PC.

Anyone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

i'm surprised a search on the web didn't throw up something, anyway

they are called DAP radios,
    Google it, loads on offer from Irish suppliers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I thought DAP is completely different from internet radio?

Something like this?

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=19909&cat=50

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Noxon do some. I'm pretty sure it's called the iRadio

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Gavin1

Hi,
    Try a Roku Soundbridge. This can get internet radio as well as connecting to your iTunes library.

www.rokulabs.com

I have 2 of these and have used them for the last 2.5 years. However do not get the UK branded Pinnacle(?) units as they cannot connect to your library.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

The IMP magic box is great,,,Just over €200 when I bought mine.. Good while ago though..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭twenty8

Try a Squeezebox - http://www.slimdevices.com/

I have just ordered one and I am hoping that it will do exactly what you are looking for.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Linksys used do a WMA11b (or something like that) which could do internet radio and show your pics on a pc. They are discontinued now so are probably cheap to pick up on eBay. Netgear did an MP101 which was just music/radio.

If you have a WindowsMobile device and the stream is in mp3 you could use Mundu Radio to listen to it (radio.mundu.com) - I have this on my Orbit and it works a treat over Wifi.

edit to change model name.

Advertisement