Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned for re-posting an add on accommodation

Options
  • 03-04-2007 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

I want to make a complaint about victor. He sent me a rather rude message saying I had used the wrong fonts , I replied and said I wasn't aware this could not be done.

I re-posted the add yesterday because it had dissapeared off the accommodation & property page and since I had reduced the price I wanted to add this to it.

I have since received a message from Victor saying he had asked me not to advertise my apt in this page- never received this and that I couldn't repost.

This is all news to me and I think his approach is quite petty to be honest and not very mannerly.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,420 ✭✭✭✭Victor

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054912714 (merged thread).

Its speaks for itself, you keep advertising the same thing, using big letters.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Why didn't you use boards sister site adverts.ie to place the ad. Thats what its there for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

if you ask me, Victor was helping you out by telling people how to get to PB in an earlier post. You put your original offer up, nobody bit, so you started bumping and spamming - very annoying to anyone who isn't interested. If you want to advertise, use adverts or pay to do it somewhere else. IMHO.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Another thing that's annoying is cross-posting. If you posted this thread in here, there was no need to post it in the Help Desk as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

So it was anoying pimping and spaming....
    don't we site ban people for that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Thaedydal wrote:
    So it was anoying pimping and spaming....
    don't we site ban people for that.

Indeed we do.

I was also under the impression that advertising in order to gain money on boards was a big no no, unless you are paying for the ad.
    Do you allow this in your forum Vic? cos I believe I'd have banned andrea if I'd seen that first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

From the Charter:

This board is for posting accommodation related topics, i.e. accommodation advertisements

There are very few people out there willing to advertise accomodation for anything other then gaining money.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

the point is, advertising on boards is "Hey, I have this place. if anyone is interested let me know".

NOT

"HEY! HEY! YOU THERE! STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND LISTEN TO ME"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Beruthiel wrote:
    Indeed we do.

I was also under the impression that advertising in order to gain money on boards was a big no no, unless you are paying for the ad.
    Do you allow this in your forum Vic? cos I believe I'd have banned andrea if I'd seen that first.
    Does that hold everywhere though? I noticed that some of the music forums are complete spamfests, especially Clubbing and Hip-Hop. It pretty much seems that there are a few people where all they do is spam about gigs, and yet the mods don't seem to mind it?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Blowfish wrote:
    Does that hold everywhere though?

Most forums, but not all. That is why I asked Vic the question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,420 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Historicly advertising has been allowed as Accommodation started off under For Sale. Advertising is still permitted, but spamming is not.

I think Cloud was suggesting a Property section on Adverts.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Have to be with Victor with this one, don't mind 1 or 2 posts but it was getting very spammy:(

Advertisement