Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaint

Options
  • 03-04-2007 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

I want to make a complaint about victor. He sent me a rather rude message saying I had used the wrong fonts , I replied and said I wasn't aware this could not be done.

I re-posted the add yesterday because it had dissapeared off the accommodation & property page and since I had reduced the price I wanted to add this to it.

I have since received a message from Victor saying he had asked me not to advertise my apt in this page- never received this and that I couldn't repost.

This is all news to me and I think his approach is quite petty to be honest and not very mannerly.

Victor:
    It's bad enough that you advertise without permission and with a non-standard font, but don't bump your thread to get more hits or you will be banned.

( unless I am told when I join that I have to ask permission, I will never know, this is bad communication on your part and there was no need for the tone in this email! Bad manners!

Latest email Today
    Victor:
    I've asked you before to not keep advertising your apartment, once was enough. You seem not to have taken this onboard.

You are banned from Accommodation & Property. If you wish, you can take this to the Feedback board, but the Admins will probably just look for advertising fees. http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=82

( No question asked, rather obvious that the price is different from the original post and that is why it was re-posted.)

I think you should choose carefully who you choose as moderators, those who understand a level of customer service and general communication tools would be useful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I've briefly looked into this, but I haven't time to respond right now. If another Smod doesn't respond before me, I'll come back later on.
    Just one point;
    andrea2007 wrote:
    I think you should choose carefully who you choose as moderators, those who understand a level of customer service and general communication tools would be useful.
    We're not all that interested in Customer Service. You're a visitor, not a customer. This site is available for use by you, free of charge, and one of the moderators' primary responsibilities is to come down hard on those who would abuse that.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

andrea, you appear to have broken a number of the site rules in this instance. Firstly, you are not allowed to advertise on this site. That's what adverts.ie is for.

Secondly, you are not supposed to excessively bump threads (posting in them with no other purpose than to move them back up the page).

Thirdly, you are not allowed to post the same thread twice. This is (usually) known as cross-posting and is incredibly irritating for other users. In this case, you posted the same thread twice within one forum. That suggests to me that you haven't been here too long, and haven't gotten to know the ropes etc. on this site yet.

It's not uncommon for us to be slightly less than gracious to someone who, despite a warning, has continued to break the rules - they'd be seen as someone looking to cause trouble. You must respect the rules on this site, and also the moderators, if you wish to continue to use it. Further, it might be an idea to lurk (read but don't post) before you start to use a site like this so to become familiar with these rules and the reasons for them, along with determining the status quo of the users.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

andrea2007 wrote:
    He sent me a rather rude message
    I think you'll find throughout life that many people who are normally polite will become rude towards you if you are persistently rude yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 andrea2007

How am I being rude.

I re-posted the advert because I reduced the price, not to get it back up the list. If you check daft.ie you will see I also changed the price on that.

I have learnt my lesson and will no longer use this site again. There is also no property section on adverts.ie to post an accommodation advert. If you sign up to register on a site you expect to be told of all the rules of posting and add as do other sites like gumtree.ie who are extremelt polite and helpful and do not have obvious chips on their shoulders when dealing with others.

Advertisement