Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exec Elections

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I don't mind posting the comment, unless there is some reason that I shouldn't? /looks at Dejaffa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

I don't mind posting the comment, unless there is some reason that I shouldn't? /looks at Dejaffa.

Congratulations on the election steve. I told you, you would walk it.

If what was said is too terrible to repeat please pm me with the jist of what was said !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Blush_01 wrote:
    At least Panda would have done something, and her manifesto even states a desire to get the position changed from Women's officer to equality officer (in not so many words) unless I read it really wrong.

I think Aisling O connor had the same thing on her manifesto also, something about a gender equality officer. Hard luck tho panda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Dori Duz

There's no need to repeat what Mary O'Flynn said today. It was before noon and she was hammered. A great role model for the women of U.C.D. :eek:

She was utterly ungracious in defeat and had a go at everyone. It was pretty pathetic really.

Don't give her the attention she craves by drawing anymore attention to the drunken slur she made this morning.

Well done to all other candidates.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

Dori Duz wrote:
    She was utterly ungracious in defeat and had a go at everyone. It was pretty pathetic really.
    Now I really want to know. If no-one wants to post it, please PM.
    Also, congratulations to the winners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

MOF basically gave out about the system of elections, much of her criticisms essentially directed at the voters. She gave out about the people who wanted to replace the women's officer with an equality officer, she criticised *a candidate* who allegedly accused her team of tearing down their posters, and repeatedly stated that the SU was not a social club.

Well just considering that it was about a fellow boardsie, I wouldn't want to post it. If they decide to do it themselves it's up to them imo.

And it's dajaffa

I'll wait for Elisa to give me permission. Het-feld I will probably see tomorrow or Sunday, so I'll tell him then. I think it's been built up far too much by now anyway.

Thanks for the tip, Dejaffa.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

f sake ! Just tell us !

ps:congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

Hard luck Panda, you got my vote and the vote of all my friends also.

Glad Nat got finance or the bebo skin I did for her would have been a waste.
    Talking of bebo, a friend of mine was left comments by a RON Burgundy looking for a vote for IT & Comms... looks like someone didn't want our dearest Minister to win :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Dontico

Wasnt around in UCD today. Really want to know what she said.

At leats Elisa somehow won a moral victory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Saw an Anarchy sign drawn across Elisa's face on a couple of posters this morning and "kbc scum" on an Aisling o Connor poster... seems the rabid gob****es had quite a night in anticipation of the results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 gliondar

Didn't vote but sorry to see Panda lose, thought she would've walked the election. She's a thinker and a doer, but sadly they rarely win elections it appears.

Panda I hope you learn from the experience and don't lose faith. Because some uninformed students didn't pick you is nothing to take personally. I look forward to seeing you do some great things eventually. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

passive wrote:
    Saw an Anarchy sign drawn across Elisa's face on a couple of posters this morning and "kbc scum" on an Aisling o Connor poster... seems the rabid gob****es had quite a night in anticipation of the results.

There was a few YPD posters written on as well 'right wing scum' was the wording as far as I could make out. Someone really wasn't into organised anything last night.

Congrats one and all for the wins though.

Oh and Minister - if you ever suggest removing hospital voting again you will meet with some rather crude language on my part. You may have been joking but in all fairness they have a right to choose. Sure the Ags were gave high percentage of RON votes to other people (Natalie Dunne if I recall correctly got a very high RON tally) - why not remove there polling too???? :rolleyes:

I voted for Panda myself but when I went for lunch on election day she was in the restaurant with her mates. And then later apparently in the bar. No canvasing done, the other candidates did lecture addresses. Mine anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Well I have to admit I am absolutely gutted. Thanks for all you boardies who gave me some wicked support over the last week.I really appreciate it and im really sorry to let you down.
    Grimes wrote:
    I voted for Panda myself but when I went for lunch on election day she was in the restaurant with her mates. And then later apparently in the bar. No canvasing done, the other candidates did lecture addresses. Mine anyway

Im suprised you voted for me!I thought you were on Marys team?! I think im allowed to take half an hour of for lunch and I hadnt eaten since 7 that morning! :) I No canvassing done?!I was everywhere.I didnt just focus on one building I went to every single building,even the bleeding terrace to lecture address!

I got great feedback from Science, Quinn and many health sciences students who said I was the first person ever to lecture address them from the union and I lecture addressed almost 30 classes in arts between the three days. I always said right at the beginning of this campaign that I wasnt going to lie to get peoples votes and I wasn't going to promise things that couldn't be achieved. I had decided that I didnt think it fair to canvass the evening students. The undergraduates were my priority and I wasnt going to make false promises to evening students who would never see me again. Therefore I only lecture addressed women studies in the evening and then I left it at that. I just didn't want to treat people like us meds had been treated for so long in the terrace.Having canvassers being nice to your face when you know all they want is your vote and you'll never ever see them again.

I had without a doubt the smallest campaign team but pretty much all of my mates are in final year or busy in the hospitals so It was difficult to get people to canvass . I think in the end thats whats ultimately lost it for me as I really got great feedback from people in all faculty's after my lecture address. I really genuinely thought I was the most experencied and best candidate for the job so to lose by such a high margin makes me absolutely gutted. I really hope Aishling puts as much work into the womens officer position as she did into her campaigning. If she does I have no doubt we will have a fantastic womens officer.

Once again thanks you so much to you boardies!Your positive comments really kept me afloat this last week and the lovely comments you left for me on bebo and the newswire just really kept me positive when I had negativity coming at me from all sides. Cheers guys :)

Im delighted for Isobel and Stephen.Great to see them win well!

panda100 wrote:
    Im suprised you voted for me!I thought you were on Marys team?!

Panda , whos Mary and I'd love to know why you thought that. Im the anti-hack and never campaign for anyone. Obviously if people think Im on teams I havnt been apathetic enough around the corridor !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

why are you in the corridor in the first place?

radio stuff and free condoms by their thousands

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

those billy boy brand condoms are rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Kaptain Redeye those billy boy brand condoms are rubbish

I dunno... I've been wearing one every day and i'm not pregnant yet. So far that's a 100% success rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

gliondar wrote:
    Didn't vote but sorry to see Panda lose, thought she would've walked the election. She's a thinker and a doer, but sadly they rarely win elections it appears.

Well maybe you should have voted for her then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MJH159

It has come into light that the elected arts programme officer Claire Gallagher has resigned. This is a massive blow to the student union and to her supporters.
    This now leaves Scott Ahern as the sole Programme Officer for the Arts block but a by election will be held to fill the vacant place. Johnny Cosgrove, the defeat candiate from the Last years election has thrown his name into the hat and is gaining massive support with the backing of the current Programme officer scott ahern.

Great team Scot and johnny would make. Potential su candiates....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

There will certainly be more than one candidate running for the single position of Arts PO.

another election campaign so early in the year? why not give it to who came thid in the last election, should they wish?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Grimes wrote:
    another election campaign so early in the year? why not give it to who came thid in the last election, should they wish?

Cos that's not how democracy (or our constitution) works.
    I presume that they'll run the exec by-election along with the class rep elections to minimise cost (and disruption).

MJH159 are you involved with Johnny's campaign?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

MJH159 are you involved with Johnny's campaign?

He's certainly biased in favour of Johnny. I won't be running but I would like to see a contested election for the position.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Its going to be contested!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Dori Duz

Do tell, Scraggs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

I presume that they'll run the exec by-election along with the class rep elections to minimise cost (and disruption).

Based on nursing last year it'll be held a couple of days before the class rep elections so that the winning canididate can withdraw from their running for class rep if they were doing so. If they couldn't do this they could potentially be elected as both and a needless by-election would need to be held for class rep.

Advertisement