Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exec Elections

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

dajaffa wrote:
    Based on nursing last year it'll be held a couple of days before the class rep elections so that the winning canididate can withdraw from their running for class rep if they were doing so. If they couldn't do this they could potentially be elected as both and a needless by-election would need to be held for class rep.

Hmm... fair enough, though it seems like a needless waste paying polling clerks etc. I supposed it's too much to expect candidates to commit to running for one position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

I can just hear the KBC creaming itself at the prospect of another Students Union election ! So early in the year also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Het-Field wrote:
    I can just hear the KBC creaming itself at the prospect of another Students Union election !

Paddy! Did you have to ruin my Friday night by lodging the image of the KBC collectively creaming itself?

*sigh*
    I'm actually pretty bummed that Claire's resigned, if only because it was nice to have voted for someone who won for once. Also she seemed pretty descent.

Paddy! Did you have to ruin my Friday night by lodging the image of the KBC collectively creaming itself?

*sigh*
    I'm actually pretty bummed that Claire's resigned, if only because it was nice to have voted for someone who won for once. Also she seemed pretty descent.

AND she is HOT !!! Finally, now that im out of the union movement I can be myself agains !!!

When I met her last term she was very friendly, and I was hoping she would win. And fair play, she won. Good Luck to her.

Sorry PM about the image of the KBC collectively creaming itself, but its the truth !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Hmm... fair enough, though it seems like a needless waste paying polling clerks etc. I supposed it's too much to expect candidates to commit to running for one position.

Ah it's only one polling station, and thing is that you couldn't stop someone running for both, then if they one both, + then resigned from one, you have to hold a by-election for whatever they resign from and then you'd paid out for the pollibng staff the same, but a class somewhere has gone without a class rep for another 2 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Het-Field wrote:
    I can just hear the KBC creaming itself at the prospect of another Students Union election ! So early in the year also.

It's possible that there might be a KBC member running for a position in his or her own capacity. I reject any notion that the KBC will *put* someone forward for it. We do encourage our members to get involved in student politics however.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Chakar wrote:
    We do encourage our members to get involved in student politics however.

Quote of my entire time in UCD

Thank you Chakira for this. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Grimes wrote:
    Quote of my entire time in UCD

Thank you Chakira for this. :)

Stop calling me Chakira.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Het-Field wrote:
    AND she is HOT !!!
    I respectfully disagree.

Scraggs wrote:
    Its going to be contested!
    VOTE FOR SCRAGGS

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Young Siward

I've a pretty high tolerance for this kind of thing, but really - can ye all not give hackdom a rest till September? For your own sakes like....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Woah this thread brings back a lot of (painful! and funny) memories. I was disapointed when John lost cos he was absolutely lovely during the elections,a true gent and has done some brill work with the svp.Him and Scott would make a wkd team!
    Health science pro still rulz the most though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

panda100 wrote:
    Health science pro still rulz the most though!

Awww shucks! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Fluther

Having been involed heavily in Claire's campaign it upsets me to see her resign...she really would have been brilliant...Johnny is a good guy but i dunno if he is the best person for the job, he knows his ents but i don't think he would be able to hack it on the programme board or at academic council.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Het-Field wrote:
    AND she is HOT !!! Finally, now that im out of the union movement I can be myself agains !!!
    !

Did we not teach you anything in Galway :) ....that the way someone looks is irrelevant its what on the inside that counts,does that concept ring any bells.........

panda100 wrote:
    Did we not teach you anything in Galway :) ....that the way someone looks is irrelevant its what on the inside that counts,does that concept ring any bells.........

NO !!! Hanging with Pierce makes me that way !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MJH159

Fluther wrote:
    Having been involed heavily in Claire's campaign it upsets me to see her resign...she really would have been brilliant...Johnny is a good guy but i dunno if he is the best person for the job, he knows his ents but i don't think he would be able to hack it on the programme board or at academic council.

johnny is high up in svp and is more than capable to performe as a programme officer.
    is unfair to say that about johnny just because he wasnt involved in the su last year at all, scott was'nt involved in the su either but he is well able for programme board and academic council, why can't johnny!

MJH159 wrote:
    johnny is high up in svp and is more than capable to performe as a programme officer.
    is unfair to say that about johnny just because he wasnt involved in the su last year at all, scott was'nt involved in the su either but he is well able for programme board and academic council, why can't johnny!
    Again I ask, are you Johnny, or a friend or associate of Johnny's?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I've joined this topic way too late for it to make any sense so *moans* Dajaffa, can you send me an e-mail? */moans*

I hope she quit because she realised its a pointless job which isn't really worth the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ?

gubbie wrote:
    I've joined this topic way too late for it to make any sense so *moans* Dajaffa, can you send me an e-mail? */moans*

I hope she quit because she realised its a pointless job which isn't really worth the time

OUCH!! What happened? Not even Chakira has ever been that bitter.

• Advertisement
Advertisement