Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disruptive sleeping habits

Options
  • 04-04-2007 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭

I never realised I had unusual sleeping habits until I started sleeping over in my boyfriend's house.

Firstly, I grind my teeth something fierce, luckily this was noticed and I've gotten a mouth guard which I've pretty much mangled. Nice. But I usually do it more when I am dreaming of having a converstaion...

Secondly, I tend to hallucinate. I wake up but am still out of it, and I see things really vividly and wake him up to tell him but it makes no sense and then I fall asleep again and barely remember the incident. It's not dreaming as such cos I can see the room and people so I know I'm awake. I've seen stuff like spiders, figures and things on the wall...

Also, I talk, a LOT and laugh! :) I move a lot too and I throw stuff like pillows at stuff I've imagined . I sleep walked once, as far as I'm aware of, could have happened more. I found that unnerving. :eek:

So my poor bloke gets woken up a lot. But I am a good sleeper, I can sleep anywhere and get a full nights sleep and drift off when my head hits the pillow.

Any one know whats going on and how I can fix it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

It sounds like your just not use to the enviroment of your bf bedroom, I wouldn't worry about it to much, once you get comfortable knowing where everthing is and what it is in the dark it will probally settle down. Also when little sleep habits are pointed out or only coming to light it could have just added a little stress. Just my two sense worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I've been sleeping in his bed nearly 3 years at this stage...

Been sharing a room with a room mate for almost a year now too. Up til then I had always slept alone, but I had been told that I talked in my sleep.

I guess I have been stressed a bit. I heard somewhere that the hallucinating thing is linked to narcolepsy!

Advertisement