Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prawn Joke

Options
  • 04-04-2007 7:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭

Far away in the tropical waters of the Caribbean, two prawns were swimming around in the sea - one called Justin & the other called Christian.

The prawns were constantly being harassed & threatened by sharks that inhabited the area. Finally one day Justin said to Christian, "I'm fed up with being a prawn, I wish I was a shark, then I wouldn't have any worries about being eaten."

A large mysterious cod appeared & said, "Your wish is granted" & lo & behold, Justin turned into a shark.

Horrified, Christian immediately swam away, afraid of being eaten by his old mate.

Time passed (as it invariably does) & Justin found life as a shark boring & lonely. All his old mates simply swam away whenever he came close to them. Justin didn't realize that his new menacing appearance was the cause of his sad plight.

While swimming alone one day he saw the mysterious cod again & he thought perhaps the mysterious fish could change him back into a prawn. He approached the cod & begged to be changed back, & lo & behold, he found himself turned back into a prawn.

With tears of joy in his tiny little eyes Justin swam back to his friends & bought them all a cocktail.

Looking around the gathering at the reef he realized he couldn't see his old pal. "Where's Christian?" he asked.

"He's at home, still distraught that his best friend changed sides to the enemy & became a shark",came the reply.

Eager to put things right again & end the mutual pain & torture, he set off to Christian's abode.

As he opened the coral gate memories came flooding back. He banged on the door & shouted, "It's me, Justin, your old friend, come out & see me again."

Christian replied,"No way man, you'll eat me. You're now a shark, the enemy, & I'll not be tricked into being your dinner."

Justin cried back "No, I'm not. That was the old me. I've changed....
    I've found Cod. I'm a Prawn again Christian."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

That was terrible, but I still laughed :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Reminds me of:

There was once a man named Gervais (pronounced Frenchly) who owned a world-famous fish restaurant.

Now, it just so happens that along one wall of this restaurant was a giant fish tank, full of fish to be served. Patrons would walk over to the tank, select which specimen was to be their dinner, and it would be cooked to their liking.

There was one creature in particular, however, that Gervais refused to sacrifice: the Wild Green Hairy-lipped Squid. Whenever a customer requested it, he would inform them that, regretfully, it had already been reserved by another customer. But one day an excessively rich city tycoon came in and requested this magnificent specimen, and when Gervais told him it was reserved, he offered to pay several million pounds just for that one dish.

Now Gervais, enticed by the thought of such great riches, complied. He removed the squid from the tank and brought it out to the chopping board. He raised the meat cleaver, but then caught the eye of the squid. That dark pool; so expressive, so pitiful and when Gervais looked into it all the memories of the happy years he had enjoyed with the squid flooded back.

He broke down in tears, and simply could not kill it. He wished to go with the sale, however, so he called upon Hans. Now Hans was a very large German sort, accustomed normally to washing the dishes and other simple tasks around the kitchen. A former member of the German special forces, Hans was not a man to be troubled by such emotional matters. They were for the weak. Full of confidence, he pinned the squid down and raised the meat cleaver.

But then the squid's eye caught his own and, mesmerised by it's beauty, wisdom and mournful stillness, Hans broke down in tears for the first time in his life.

The moral of the story?

Hans that do dishes can be as soft as Gervais with Wild Green Hairy-lipped Squid

Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Hagar wrote:
    I've found Cod. I'm a Prawn again Christian."
    This prob started with this punchline and the beginning of the joke is just one long excruciating build up.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭keltoms

nice:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭cathald

Very good :):):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

biko wrote:
    This prob started with this punchline and the beginning of the joke is just one long excruciating build up.
    Probably true. :D

Advertisement