Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 have 1.6% of the market

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Is it the lack of own brand stores that makes people a little uneasy about shining up? It's nice to know you can go and vent at someone in a shop even if it doesn't solve whatever issue you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

They do have a few own brand stores now.

I just think they assume people know the benefits of 3G etc. but not that many do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Surely if they got the finger out and finally realeased x-series in Ireland with suitable high-profile publicity, they'd get a big increase in new customers (I'd be tempted to risk all the potential problems I might face in joining them to get the benefits of x-series).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭hosi

Everyone knows that Three is not really popular in Ireland. In view of this fact I really don't understand why Three pays for porting your previous 087, 086 or 085 number when you sign up for 3Pay. What's the point??? Isn't it better for Three to have customers with 083 numbers???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

hosi wrote:
    Everyone knows that Three is not really popular in Ireland. In view of this fact I really don't understand why Three pays for porting your previous 087, 086 or 085 number when you sign up for 3Pay. What's the point??? Isn't it better for Three to have customers with 083 numbers???
    yes but people want to keep their numbers. think of all the customers they'd lose if you couldn't port your number. to this day, some people look confused when i tell them i have an 083 number :D

• Advertisement

Yes, I find that all the time. Some even think you've made the number up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Try ordering a pizza and giving them your 083 number.. :D

I wonder, am I the only happy, content 3 customer on boards? I likewise wish they would get their act together and release X-Series.. its been 5 months after the UK for christ sake..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Im happy with 3, they have made a few mistakes with me but I usually find customer care pretty good. Im not too sure about the x-series going ahead as they probably realised that they are not making much money in the uk and going a different route here. But thats only a guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭hermit

Yes, I find that all the time. Some even think you've made the number up.

Yeah my number starts with 083 333**** - everytime I give this number to someone I have to repeat it bout 4 times and answer the question "Yeah but what network, is it 087, 086) - No Its "083" just kike I said. They write down the number and still look totally confused.

hermit wrote:
    Yeah my number starts with 083 333**** - everytime I give this number to someone I have to repeat it bout 4 times and answer the question "Yeah but what network, is it 087, 086) - No Its "083" just kike I said. They write down the number and still look totally confused.
    yeah. i hate having to repeat it. especially since they moved the customer care to india. you'd think they of all people would be used to hearing them

• Advertisement

On the one hand Three want to win more customer's by paying for porting numbers, but on the other hand people will always keep wondering when they will hear 083 numbers...
    How do Three want to became popular? By adverising, TV ads? IMO people think: "Hmmm... no one has 083 so this must be a small network with poor coverage for sure, I will better stay with voda, o2 or Meteor".

hosi wrote:
    On the one hand Three want to win more customer's by paying for porting numbers, but on the other hand people will always keep wondering when they will hear 083 numbers...
    How do Three want to became popular? By adverising, TV ads? IMO people think: "Hmmm... no one has 083 so this must be a small network with poor coverage for sure, I will better stay with voda, o2 or Meteor".
    it is true that giving out 083 numbers would make them better known but you can't force people to change their numbers. i worked in a phone shop when 3 first launched. for a month or two they couldn't port numbers.

"can i keep my number" was pretty much always the first question i was asked and when i said no, more often than not they walked out

it is true that giving out 083 numbers would make them better known but you can't force people to change their numbers. i worked in a phone shop when 3 first launched. for a month or two they couldn't port numbers.

"can i keep my number" was pretty much always the first question i was asked and when i said no, more often than not they walked out

Hmmm... thats something, Three has to deal with: become popular with small amount of 083 numbers in use...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

ciaranfo wrote:
    Is it the lack of own brand stores that makes people a little uneasy about shining up? It's nice to know you can go and vent at someone in a shop even if it doesn't solve whatever issue you have.

Ha ha. So true. Although in my experience a hell of a lot of people are under the assumption that Eircom's 3G are actual 3 stores!

jmccrohan wrote:
    Ha ha. So true. Although in my experience a hell of a lot of people are under the assumption that Eircom's 3G are actual 3 stores!
    and a lot of people are under the impression that 3g is owned by eircom :D

they do eircom stuff but they're a separate company. they bought all the old eircom stores

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I was just gonna say, I wasn't aware that Eircom owned the premium Apple reseller in Galway. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

Try ordering a pizza and giving them your 083 number.. :D

I wonder, am I the only happy, content 3 customer on boards? I likewise wish they would get their act together and release X-Series.. its been 5 months after the UK for christ sake..
    ive been with them for almost 2 years and im generally happy
    your not the only one, once upon a time vimes was a fan of 3 would you believe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

and a lot of people are under the impression that 3g is owned by eircom :D

they do eircom stuff but they're a separate company. they bought all the old eircom stores
    more annoying is that people think that 3G is that aul video calling yoke :rolleyes:

1huge1 wrote:
    ive been with them for almost 2 years and im generally happy
    your not the only one, once upon a time vimes was a fan of 3 would you believe
    i know. shocking isn't it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Just rang them there to unlock my 6680 and it seems I need a credit card to do it. What a shower of dicks, I dont have a credit card so now I have to borrow someones. I know its not that big of a deal but why cant they just add it to my next bill

• Advertisement

hermit wrote:

Heh, mine starts with 083 303 and I thought I had it bad! And if you tell them the network is 3, after hearing all those 3s they still don't have a clue.

plonk wrote:
    Just rang them there to unlock my 6680 and it seems I need a credit card to do it. What a shower of dicks, I dont have a credit card so now I have to borrow someones. I know its not that big of a deal but why cant they just add it to my next bill
    they did for me back in august

Heh, mine starts with 083 303 and I thought I had it bad! And if you tell them the network is 3, after hearing all those 3s they still don't have a clue.
    mine starts with 3323 which everyone hears as 3333. oh the headaches

Advertisement